New Pool - Gunite - Holes in bottom of the shell

We just had our pool shot yesterday and I noticed today that there are a few unintentional holes (2 inches or so) in the bottom. I can actually put my finger in the hole and feel the dirt below. To me the shell is very thin in these areas and will eventually fail. Any suggestions?

Welcome to the forum :wave:

The shell is only 2" thick? You have a very big issue if that's the case.

Because you have a very high water table, those weep holes are there to relieve any hydrostatic pressure from the ground water so the shell does not lift out of the ground.

Can you post a picture?

Yup, weep holes are needed anywhere the water level is higher than the bottom of the pool. Having said that, the shell should be ~4 times as thick as the 2" measurement you mentioned. Are you sure that's the thickness of the shell and maybe it's not just that dirt has built up in the weep hole? Maybe try digging some of the dirt out and confirm how far down the backside of the shell is before jumping to conclusions over the strength of the build.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.