Easytouch not turning on Pool Pump

Mar 23, 2016
Murfreesboro, TN
Hi, I'm having trouble with my EasyTouch system and pool pump, (pentair superflo VS). The pump is not turning on the at the scheduled time, and I have to manually turn the pool pump on using the panel on the pump itself. Also, the pool cleaner booster pump is coming on when the pump is not running. The easytouch is set to "Auto" on the main screen, and the time is correct. My pool was built at the end of summer, and when they finished it was programmed and the pump and pool cleaner worked fine. Any suggestions? Thanks!!

K,

In your post you say you have the Superflo and in your signature, you say you have the Intelliflo.

These pumps are controlled differently, so it would be important to know which one you actually have...???

I suspect you have the Intelliflo... if so it will have a small black cable that plugs into a connector on the electronics box where the control panel is. This is NOT the main power cable which is on the other side of the pump.

If this is the pump you have, and the panel on the pump does not say, "Display not active" then it means you have lost communications between the pump and the EasyTouch.

At this point the only thing I can think that you can do is to reset the main power to the EasyTouch. Another thing you can try would be to push the "reset" button on the EasyTouch's front panel. (Under the aux 6 & 7 buttons)

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

K,

The EasyTouch can't really "control" the SuperFlo pump, other than to turn it on or off. Since you were able to tell the pump to come on via the pump's control panel, then the pump obviously had power.

Other than the main power cable going to the SuperFlo, do you see any other control wires? Could be the SuperFlo just lost it's internal program. Do you have an EasyTouch 4 or 8?

How old is the installation, is it still under warranty?

Does the clock on the pump have the correct time?

Jim R.

K,

I did see in the pump's manual where you can buy a special adapter and cable that allows the EasyTouch to control the SuperFlo. But, since it requires the use of 4 external relays inside the ET, I doubt many people use it. This is why I would like to know it there are wires going to your pump, besides the power cable.

I also saw where it said the program would be maintained for 24 hour by the pump if the power was removed. So, have you had a power failure or had the pool power shut off for more than 24 hours?

Jim R.

K,

Do you have the manual? If so it shows you how to check and see if the existing program still is in memory. Do you know if it there or not?

If not, you can make the speeds whatever you want. Just to get it going, I'd set speed one to 1,000 RPM, speed two for 1,500, and speed three for 2,000. You would have to decide when (or if) you wanted each one to run.

Who originally programmed the pump?

Jim R.

K,

The wiring "tube" is most likely the main power input. This means that the only thing the EasyTouch will do is to turn on/off the main power to the pump. All the timing for when the pump comes on, and at what speed, is being done internal to the pump.

For example say you wanted the pump to run at 1,000 RPM from 8 am until 10 am and then at 1,500 from 10 am until 11 am. All this would be programmed inside the pump. You would then tell the EasyTouch to turn power to the pump on at 7:59 am and off at 11:01 am. The only reason you want the EasyTouch to power the pump at all is just to make sure the pump is on when the SWCG is on. Other than that, the pump can run all by itself.

The EasyTouch was designed to run the Intelliflo pump.. using the SuperFlo, requires the above work around..

Jim R.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Wish I had gotten the Intelliflo pump, maybe next time. :) In terms of the pool cleaner, I just need to make sure I have the pool cleaner programmed to turn on during a period of time that I have the pool pump running to avoid burning out the booster, right?

Yes,

I suspect the SuperFlo will need to be running at 2K or better when you want the cleaner to turn on. As you said, you will have to make sure the EasyTouch turns on the booster pump only when the SuperFlo is running at the correct speed to run the cleaner..

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.