Skimmer and Tile Line Water Level

GreenTerrorPool

Jan 4, 2017
PALM BEACH GARDENS, FL
OK, so im sure really dumb question. But my water line was right at mid level of water line tile when i filled up. But now with really dry conditions, It is now almost 2 inches below that. At what point do I need to fill up with more water to get the skimmer to work properly with the flap door at the water line tile.

thanks for your patience.
GTP

GTP,

You never want to let the water level get below the entry to your skimmer. For me when the water gets between 2" to 2 1/2" below the middle of the skimmer, is when I add water. Normally about once a week or so..

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

GTP,

I noticed that you have a Blue Essence SALT system.. Since I have not heard of that particular one, I Googled it...

It appear the Blue Essence SALT system is good for pool up to 20K. Just so that you are aware, we normally we recommend at salt cell that is 2 x the pool size.

The only reason I bring this up, is that during the summer I suspect you will have to run your system at 100% output for 20 hours a day to keep your pool chlorinated. I suggest you talk with your Pool Builder now about the possibility of up grading to a bigger cell.

It could be I was just looking at the wrong cell, but I would confirm this with your PB just to make sure. One of the major complaints that people have with salt-cells is that the can't keep up in the summer. The main cause is that Pool Builders install inadequate cells during the build.

Thanks,

Jim R.

thanks Jim R. I will ask him but sure he will say it is adequate but I may prove him wrong this summer.
Question: So is the control board OK, and just the cell itself may be inadequate or both? If it is just the cell can I upgrade to a bigger cell but keep the same control board?

- - - Updated - - -

I just read on the salt cell that it says it is for pools up to 35,000 gallons so that is good! I was leary on the Blue Essence....we will see how it goes.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.