First Time Pool Owner

Lets talk about the PH and TA. See they are friends. IF you PH is happy at 7.8 (does not jump up....is content to sit there) there is no need to try to push it down. Now if your PH keeps pushing up (you have to push it down more than once a week or so) they you can lower the TA and see if will make the PH happier.

Every pool is so different so you will need to find what YOUR pool likes the best.

Kim:kim:

Lets talk about the PH and TA. See they are friends. IF you PH is happy at 7.8 (does not jump up....is content to sit there) there is no need to try to push it down. Now if your PH keeps pushing up (you have to push it down more than once a week or so) they you can lower the TA and see if will make the PH happier.

Every pool is so different so you will need to find what YOUR pool likes the best.

Kim:kim:

Thanks Kim! I can't say I've had to consistently dump acid weekly. I've only done it once when pH jumped over 7.8. If it's safe to leave it alone for now. I'll monitor it until next weekend go from there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Update on pool plumbing at pad: I had completely forgot that a home warranty was included from the sellers AND included pool equipment. So for a whopping $45 service charge. They're coming to fix the pipes and aerator valve handle [emoji847][emoji847]

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
bff0ea6fd33cd41eef910c088883d6bb.jpg

What's the best way to get rid of scaling ?

Also... today was first swimming day! Wooo!

+1 to stopping it from happening cause it's a pain to get off!

I've been tidying up an older pool with calcium scale, and I needed dilute acid to soften it, and something to scrape it off with. I've used a 4:1 dilution of 32% MA, and then go soft with a metal scraper, being careful not to scratch the pool surface, and also being careful to rinse the acid off any pool finish, tile or coping. If any metal fell in the pool, you'd want to retrieve it. That dilution of acid doesn't bother my skin, but I'd do everything possible to keep it out of my eyes (maybe swim goggles?). Some people use a spray bottle. I used a disposable pipette. Remember that some of the acid becomes part of your pool chemistry :) It's easiest to do from inside the pool.

It's been a work in progress for sure but the pressure dropped from 32 to around 10 psi today after some hardcore cleaning. Then decided to take the filter apart and have some fun. This is a during cleaning picture. It's definitely time for new cartridges.

2ec0f78b955923f28b214982aba6e6d8.jpg

67f2231394dd17e5f44aa0edebf6edb6.jpg

Been a few weeks since I've given an update. I definitely have this under control. Even invested in a Kreepy Krauly. Almost am best friends with my water and exactly how much bleach I need to dose my pool with without testing. Woohoo.

Pool party this weekend [emoji847]

That's so good to hear :)

Did you know that becoming a supporter here is a very modest, tax deductible charitable donation, with a few perks that might be useful down the track? No pressure; you'll get great answers here either way :) There's a big button up top of every page "Support TFP" if you want to check it out.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.