Variable Speed Pump Recomendation/Questions

Jason,

Repeating what I said above...

If you do not intend to have any automation, then the SuperFlo (342001) should work fine. It is more of a stand alone pump, where the Intelliflo is designed more for operation via an automation system.

If you plan to get a rebate from your electrical provider, make sure which pumps are on their list before buying one.

Jim R.

both pumps qualify for the $350 rebate.

i guess i just don't understand what automation options i would be missing out on. (i tried to do some research but didnt have much luck)

Jason,

Sorry, I think I got us a little off track. Let me try again..

With two pumps you need some way to coordinate when they come on and at what speeds.

1. An automation system could easily do this, but would be very expensive and something you don't need to have. It would make operation of the Intelliflo easier, but now that I look at it again, not worth the price in your case.

2. The next best thing would be to use the internal control panel (on either pump) and an external timer to control the booster pump. You would just have to make sure they stayed somewhat in sync. For example.. you set up the internal control panel on the main pump to run from 10 am until 2 pm at 1,000 RPM. Then at 3,000 RPM from 3 pm until 6 pm. You would also set up the external timer to turn on the booster pump from 3:30 pm until 5:30 pm. Giving you some overlap to make sure the booster pump did not come on without the main pump running at 3K.

Sorry about any confusion..

Jim R.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
And don't forget to install a surge protector. The drives on these pumps are very susceptible to power surges.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.