new pool!...pump, filter, swg...decisions, decisions...

Greetings, long time lurker, first time poster.

So we have decided on the 30'X54" Saltwater 8000 from thepoolfactory.com.

I'm trying to make a final decision between the AquaPro 200 SQ. FT. Cartridge Filter System 2-HP 2-Speed Pump and the Hayward S230T 23" Sand Filter System 1.5-HP 2-Speed Matrix Pump. I like the idea of ease of operation of the sand filter, but then again the cartridge doesn't sound too difficult either. I guess I'm questioning the AquaPro because of the bigger pump, I keep reading to not oversize the pump? Or is that too big for that pool?

Next question is what SWG to go with...the price jumps quite a bit from the Solaxx Saltron models to the Hayward Aqua Trol RJ. It seems the return jet models are a little more money. I'm not trying to be cheap, i've read that bigger is better in choosing the SWG. I'd rather spend what I need to to get well matched/balanced equipment for my pool.

Any and all suggestions are welcome. Thanks.

Hi! What fun! A new pool to build! Thanks for letting us help!

That is the same size pool as I have. it will be 25,600 gals. We suggest a SWG for about double the size they say will work. This will pay off in the end. We have found undersized SWG can't keep up so......

I LOVE my sand filter. I had a cartridge filter on my last pool. I find the sand easier BUT I did not know about TFP when I had the other filter so it is really not fair for me to speak LOL

Kim:kim:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.