Brisbane, Australia.
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Astral Viron V25
Just wondering if anyone can advise on the best or ideal water level for a Cal Spas spa? It's a floating type skimmer with a floater in the skimmer. The spa is managed buy a service but I kind of think the service guy doesn't come that often and the water level may be a bit low - something I can easily remedy.

As long as the floating skimmer ring is floating several cm, it should be fine. I usually like to have mine floating more than that above the resting point though. It's only bad if it's not floating at all or the spa is so full the floating ring is below the water level.

Thanks Joel, that's great, just what I needed. You'd never guess it but the service guy turned up about an hour after I posted and topped it up by about 2 inches.

On a side note, what causes the bubbles or light foam when the air injectors are turned on and is that normal?

It could be low CH. CH needs to be 125ish or higher to help with foaming. Or it could be just a bit more sanitizer. I noticed slight foaming occasionally when I first started and increasing the FC level a couple of ppm took care of that and occasional cloudiness.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.