Soon-to-Be Fiberglass Pool Raleigh, NC

We have our electrician coming out tomorrow to discuss placement of equipment, etc. Are there any last minute suggestions/warnings/pieces of advice that I need to know? I want to make sure I am armed with any possible questions before their visit. Thanks pool masters! ;)

Ideally install a good surge protector for the electrical sub-panel. I used the Square D HEPD80. It is good insurance to protect all that expensive equipment. But it is an easy self install if you are handy.

Also, not sure if you live in a neighborhood with restrictions, but some do not allow for the pool equipment to be seen from the street. While all my equipment is behind the house, you can see the sand filter from an extreme angle down the street, so one neighbor has complained about this and he lives about 1/2 mile away, so can only see when walking around. So I will be installing a privacy fence to make sure it can't be seen.

Met with the electrician today and all is well for the location of equipment, etc. I asked about a surge protector and he said they install a whole house surge protector through Eaton that provides a $75K warranty if your things are damaged. That seemed like an easy decision for me as the cost was really very reasonable!

AND to top it all off....our permit was approved today!!! I'm only a LITTLE bit excited!!! :D:kim:

Met with the electrician today and all is well for the location of equipment, etc. I asked about a surge protector and he said they install a whole house surge protector through Eaton that provides a $75K warranty if your things are damaged. That seemed like an easy decision for me as the cost was really very reasonable!

AND to top it all off....our permit was approved today!!! I'm only a LITTLE bit excited!!! :D:kim:

Yaaaaay! Very exciting! Can you PM me who your electrical contractor is?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Okay folks! We are less than 48 hours from the groundbreaking on our pool and we.are.pumped! I have an opinion question though. What is the narrowest path of concrete you would consider putting around a pool. We have plans for a large seating area, but part of the pool we expect not to have very much foot traffic. Is 4 feet or 5 feet adequate or do we need more even near the least used area?

We want the most concrete we can get, but we want to place it wisely! :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
We have 5' (4' + coping) and it's nice for a walkway. 4' would be minimum in my mind where two people easily pass without being in danger of a swim.

Only in North Carolina...supposed to start our pool build tomorrow morning and today winter decides to show up! Never mind the fact that it has been in the 70s most of February and early March! Granted, I don't THINK it will delay anything...but I jokingly told my pool builder months ago that it would snow the day before my build....and here we are! Guess I jinxed myself! :rolleyes:

https://pix.sfly.com/M4rjM0

https://pix.sfly.com/hJMvgQ

Okay, so the PB got started today and got the hole dug before it started to rain. Sadly that is as far as we got! The fiberglass pool shell was supposed to go in tomorrow, but because of the rain and gusty winds tomorrow they have postponed that to Wednesday. Fine by me, I'd rather not have a pool up in a crane above my house when a 35 mph gust comes rolling through! Also, somehow our telephone line was hit during excavation...despite the fact that the PB was nowhere near all marked utilities. Go figure! So we are running our internet via hot spots on our phones right now. We took some awesome video, but until I have "real" internet access I don't want to upload it. In the meantime, if you are interested...here is a picture of a giant hole in my back yard! :cool:

https://pix.sfly.com/r95Y06

Also, somehow our telephone line was hit during excavation...despite the fact that the PB was nowhere near all marked utilities. Go figure!

https://pix.sfly.com/r95Y06

The same thing happened to us! Fortunately, TWC was easy to deal with and came out the next day. We weren't charged but only because the tech hated his job. Lol! You are so close! Sorry the weather isn't being cooperative.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oh happy day! It is TOMORROW!!!! What a neat day it will be.

I forgot to ask, do you have your test kit yet? If not hurry and order it. You can see the one I think is the best bang for the buck in my siggy below. It has more the regents we use on a daily basis. You should get it quick being so close to their warehouse!

Kim:kim:

I haven't ordered it yet. If I am being completely honest I am a wee bit intimidated by the whole thing! I do have a question for you though. I have seen several references to being close to the warehouse or forum owner, etc. Is all of this in NC? I am in Apex, NC just outside of Raleigh. Would be kinda neat if they were that close!

Waiting for them to get here now...should be any minute! Eeeek! :kim:

Oh happy day! It is TOMORROW!!!! What a neat day it will be.

I forgot to ask, do you have your test kit yet? If not hurry and order it. You can see the one I think is the best bang for the buck in my siggy below. It has more the regents we use on a daily basis. You should get it quick being so close to their warehouse!

Kim:kim:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.