What size pipe to plumb my pool and spa?

Thanks Mknaus,
I bought a Pentair with a Flowmaster. That probably won't need a regulator since it's like a toilet, correct?

Depends. My pool fill line is before the pressure regulator for our home as we shut off the water to the house but leave the water to our irrigation and pool on while we are away. So I had line pressure (~150 psi) at our autofill.

I also had a suction cleaner line put in, tried one for a few days, saw that it would not work well on my pool, returned it, and now just manual vac as necessary. I also have a pool service that comes once a week and they do a thorough cleaning. We are away for extended periods so need the pool service to clean the pool and add acid each week to maintain our pH in the safe range.

Take care.

First of all thanks everyone for the continual help. thanks MKnaus for advice on leveler. I tried to send pic of it installed but program isn't letting me although I've done this many times successfully before in the same way. There is a pic on the previous page of the coping/bond beam edge to look at. My pool is 35' long between my house and garage so about 35' of 3 and 4' wide walkway on both sides that will be concrete pieces (and mortar).

Next stage: putting down the deck

Question for anyone: I'm reusing the concrete pieces of my old deck of various size and thicknesses for my new deck. Thickness range from 3 - 5". I was debating whether to use cement underneath the pieces and mortar between, or sand underneath and mortar between. (I know to tamp down the base and pound or tamp down the pieces to get desired evenness and grade.) When finished, I don't want water to seep below deck and cause settling, but I know nothing's perfect.

1. At this point I think I'll be ok with sand underneath, but please weigh in on whether to use sand or cement underneath. Also,

2. What do I do at the border of the coping/bond beam, and the deck I'm putting in? Cement up to it? Mortar up to it? Mastic between the concrete pieces and mortar deck and the coping/bond beam? What's the best way? If I cement and mortar up to the coping/bond beam Is expansion/contraction an issue?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.