What kind of filter/cartridges are these?

... and where do I find them. I recently bought a house. The couple said they replaced the pump a couple years ago, but the filter is at least 5 years old. It is an old stainless steel filter with a cartridge/cartridges that are 6 skinny circles on the outside and one in the middle. I cleaned the cartridges. They seem to be okay and the pressure has been fine. What are these cartridges called and where would I find them? I've searched, but can't seem to find it. It wouldn't let me post the cartridge pic, so I linked it.

http://i562.photobucket.com/albums/ss66/fsujim/IMG_0942.jpg?t=1480715516

IMG_filter.jpg

Last edited:
Just wanted to Welcome you to TFP... A great place to be.. :lovetfp:

I tried to Google an image of your filter, but failed. I'm pretty sure it was made before they invented film.. :D

I'm sure one of our members will know what kind it is. Let's see what they have to say...

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

Well, more worrisome than the filter is that puck chlorinator hanging on the output....if the previous owner was a heavy trichlor user, your water may have sky-high CYA levels in it. You've got one of the very best test kits on the market (the Taylor K-2006) so hopefully your using it to learn all about your new pool...

Welcome to TFP :wave:

That's an old Harmsco filter. While they are still available, you may want to invest in a more contemporary filter. I never did like those filters, but that's just my opinion. Haven't seen one in quite a while.

Thanks for identifying it. I definitely will get a new one at some point, but it seems to be doing its job for now and I have many other projects for this money pit I bought. :p

Well, more worrisome than the filter is that puck chlorinator hanging on the output....if the previous owner was a heavy trichlor user, your water may have sky-high CYA levels in it. You've got one of the very best test kits on the market (the Taylor K-2006) so hopefully your using it to learn all about your new pool...

Welcome to TFP :wave:

Thanks. The prior owner did rely on the autochlorinator with tabs and told me that was really all I needed to do. I'm glad I found TFP. My CYA was at very high levels when I was running the tabs all the time. Thanks to reading on here and testing, I figured out I was much better off just occasionally running the trichlor tabs.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.