Greetings from Brisbane, Australia

Hello all

I have been on this site for awhile, but now have my own pool to look after (in beautiful and hot Brisvegas!) and have got some great advice from reading many posts. Just a question I had and will probably repost in the appropriate area but the pool I have was built with piping to the pool for a solar heater Brisbane weather is too hot for a heater and I was wanting to know if this piping can be repurposed for a pressure side pool cleaner? Thanks.

Welcome to TFP! Good to have you here :)

Your solar heating circuit could be used for a pressure cleaner, yes. It's also fair to say that pressure cleaners have been falling out of favour. You need to consider the cost of a booster pump, the cleaner itself, any required above-ground plumbing, a timer of some sort, and then the electricity to run the pressure cleaner. Certain suction cleaners do a good job, or you might want to put the funds toward a robotic cleaner.

You could connect your solar heating circuit into your circulation system, with valves to give you options for when and where to draw and return water. This would ensure you get some chlorinated water flowing through those pipes.

Some QLD members here use solar heating up your way to extend their swimming season.

I love having a heater to extend our swim season on both ends, Spring and Fall. In Spring, you get the excitement of getting to swim on those early warm days, and in Fall, there's nothing like jumping into a warm pool even when it's chilly out knowing that your swim days are numbered. I treasure those times more than during the heat of summer as they seem so much more precious.