Weak suction when vacuuming

HI! Welcome to TFP! So nice to see you here!

When was the last time you backwashed the filter? What does the pressure gauge say on the filter? Do your returns have a strong flow when the pump is on?

Sorry for my questions than answer but trying to make sure we have all the info needed to help you out.

Kim:kim:

Hi Kim.....I usually backwash once per week for about 5 minutes. I should also mention that the contractor who built the pool hooked up the plumbing wrong initially and when the pump was turned on for the first time sand from the filter was blown out of the return jets...not sure if that has clogged something....POOL is only 4 months old. Return jet pressure is fine, pressure gauge is between 10-20psi. Can't verify now because pool also had a leak so pool has been drained to the lights.

Last edited by a moderator:
So am I thinking right?? You have never been able to vacuum with the filter set to filter?

With the start up I do have to wonder if something went way wrong. Let's get some water back in the pool and we can go from there.

If you want to take and share some pictures of your equipment pad with labels so we can see what you are dealing with.

Kim:kim:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.