And Yet Another New Build From Texas

Happy to get our project started. Full dig and piers installed today.
69d0063ba9ddd3446eac163bc3d71b50.jpg
84d73e83e5eb3fa9695ccdc45c80bfdc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SWEET! Now go out and do this for me...........measure everything........is it long, wide, deep, ect enough? NOW is the time two tweak or fix as needed or wanted. Add about 6 inches for gunite and plaster.

Kim:kim:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I see them now! Sometimes my laptop does not like Tap a talk :(

WOW that looks nice! It looks like a real pool!

This is the stage of the pool where I share a set of links I put together for new pool owners. It is a lot of info so this will give you time to read over it and start learning how to care for this "new baby" in the family. It will start to make sense when you start using it:

Print these out:
Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule

Pool School - Recommended Levels

Bookmark these:
Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

http://www.troublefreepool.com/calc.html

Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Make sure to ask any and all questions you might have no matter how small! We have all been where you are at one point.

Now lets talk about test kits. Ask your PH which one he is providing and let us know so we can fill in any blanks.

Have you started "bonding" with your new baby? aka watering it LOL It needs to be watered at least once a day or more depending on the heat and weather. Watering it helps slow it's curing. Some cracks are normal. The plaster will fill them in.

I see them now! Sometimes my laptop does not like Tap a talk :(

WOW that looks nice! It looks like a real pool!

This is the stage of the pool where I share a set of links I put together for new pool owners. It is a lot of info so this will give you time to read over it and start learning how to care for this "new baby" in the family. It will start to make sense when you start using it:

Print these out:
Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule

Pool School - Recommended Levels

Bookmark these:
Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

http://www.troublefreepool.com/calc.html

Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Make sure to ask any and all questions you might have no matter how small! We have all been where you are at one point.

Now lets talk about test kits. Ask your PH which one he is providing and let us know so we can fill in any blanks.

Have you started "bonding" with your new baby? aka watering it LOL It needs to be watered at least once a day or more depending on the heat and weather. Watering it helps slow it's curing. Some cracks are normal. The plaster will fill them in.

Yes! Just got in from the first watering of the gunite. First time I've really been inside the pool since the dig last week. Slightly bummed because i know from my time on Pool Forum that this is where things tend to slow down.

LOL it just gives you time to bond with your pool and to learn about caring for it. Oh and getting your test kit in!

Man, that gunite really sucks in the water. Aside from the floor of the pool, I can water a section for 30- 60 seconds, and it looks almost dry after another 30-60 seconds. The deep end seems the driest. I bet I could place a sprinkler on the deep end for the full day, take it off at 9pm, and it would look dry within 10 seconds. Is watering the gunite just a chore to keep us busy until the PB is ready to work again?

LOL!! Right, just something to do. It is more important during summer and dry periods. A sprinkler with a hose timer from Lowes is your friend. Not that running around with a hose in your brand new empty pool shell isn't fun sometimes.

Considering upgrading from Caribbean Blue or Mediterranean Blue Colorscapes to Aruba Sky or Tahoe Blue Quartzscapes. Pebble finish would be too hard on the feet for my son with some sensory issues. Does anyone have any opinions on our choice? I don't want to go too dark in color as I'm concerned the 9' depth may end up too dark. I appreciate your input and any pictures of your pool with any of these colors.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.