12x24 Sports Pool Questions

May 3, 2021
NYC
I am considering an in-ground pool 12x24. I've read about sports pools and how they have a shallow-slightlydeeper-shallow depth layout. So it could go from 3.5ft-5ft-4ft depths. Does anyone have experience with designing or using sports pools that are 24 ft long? It's not very long so is it practical to have 3 different depths? Has anyone seen a 24ft long sports pool that's 4ft-5ft-4ft? Is it better to just go 4ft to 5ft? Or is it better to make it all one depth (4.5ft)?

I have a friend of a friend who has a pool like you describe. Not sure on the length but it's shallower on both ends and deeper in the middle. Great for pool volleyball or whatnot. The depths are gradual so it's just a constant slope and the bottom of the pool looks like a wide "V".

Why not go with a constant depth? My yet-to-be-installed pool is a constant 4.5’ depth all of the way across, as are some of the other small sports pools.

Dan
It's something I'm considering (4.5 all the way). I'm just wondering if that variable depth 4-5-4 is worth considering for a 24 ft pool or if it will be too uncomfortable for the kids to play in with the sloping it will require.

I'm just wondering if that variable depth 4-5-4 is worth considering for a 24 ft pool or if it will be too uncomfortable for the kids to play in with the sloping it will require.
Kinda subjective and the scale slides and changes as the kids grow. Not bad at all for long term eventual teens/ college kids but totally detrimental in the short term for wee ones.

We have that style of pool (25x45) for last 5 years; really great with small kids with no true "deep" end. I don't recall actual depths, but let's say it's 3.5 feet - 5 feet - 3.5 feet which seems about perfect. I like the deeper part for use of diving toys and for me to get "more" in the water. Our 3.5 year old can stand up in 20% of the pool, which is very helpful.

Reactions: Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.