New Build In Mesa, Arizona

Coping, Decking, Waterline Tile, and Grout we completed over the weekend, my back is thrashed. Called in for final inspection for today (Gotta love a 7 - 5 arrival time, twittle your thumbs), plaster crew arrives tomorrow to scrape, clean, and prep for Thursday installation.

9aIG0wf.jpg

MkHUFnB.jpg

Reading the before and after water meter shows this "spool" is 8,950 gallons less a couple of toilet flushes and kitchen sink water.

Lots of wall and floor brushing, popped the top on the cartridge filter and hosed em down, man that was a lot of plaster caked on.

Saturday Water Chemistry:

FC 4.2
PH 7.6
TA 110
CH 150, I added a 10 lb. bucket of Calcium Chloride, will re-test tomorrow.
CYA 35
Borate 6, will add 65 oz. every day until we hit 40 - 45

Ordered the Speedstir and Borate strips from TFP, cant wait for the Speedstir, I cannot rub my belly and tap my head at the same time.

Been testing morning and late afternoons with minor adjustments here and there using the Pool Math Calculator. Looking really good, so good you can see every little blemish in the plaster, maybe too clear!

I think you are going to regret adding borates so soon. You really should wait a long time, at least a full pool season, before adding borates.

Good luck.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Borates are a pH buffer and TA buffer. So changing them with borates in the water is more difficult. You will have new plaster, that will be forcing high pH into the water due to curing plaster. I am just not sure adding another variable, borates, in that mix is wise.

You might be OK - but I would suspect that if adding borates assisted in the process of managing new plaster, it would be suggested in the process for that shown in Pool School.

Great pool build[emoji2] I know that you must feel great with the cost savings. Our cost was very similar however we are in Florida and it was 8 years ago:cheers: now what about your summer kitchen[emoji2]

Outdoor kitchen would be awesome.

I cannot seem to figure out a couple of things with the chemistry, My CYA wont move up after adding trichlor tabs, it has just been solid at 30, it was at 35 initially after first adding stabilizer, now its just sitting there, I am burning thru 64 oz. of bleach daily so atleast that is consistant, PH and TA are super sensitive to changes from anything thats going on, water is crystal clear.

z8k6Axo.jpg

Four tablets (and that assumes the ones you just added) would add 13 ppm CYA. Remember, at best, the CYA test is +/- 10 ppm error.

Use the Effects of Adding Chemicals in Pool Math to understand what your additions will do to your water chemistry.

The best way to target a CYA is to use CYA powder. Using tabs is just such a moving target. But up to you.

PiperVon,

Great job!! I am looking at building my own pool here in Surprise, Az. The design I'm look at is very similar to your pool. After all was done are you glad you built the pool on your own? Also are there contractors you would recommend?

Thanks

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.