New Build - Long Island, NY

They did not do a very good job with the acid washing. It should be more even than that. Saying that it may even up some when it is full of water and you start brushing.

The brown spots could very well be from the leaves. We will work on those when the pool is full.

I would get the PB out there to talk about the streaking. Know he may spout "That is normal for plaster". We shall see.

Now go wrap a towel around the end of that hose :(

Kim:kim:

I would not panic. Okay, I would panic (as I did when I also had some streaks etc in our pebbletec on day 2 after acid wash) but now that I have gone through it I know better :). Our streaks disappeared once the pool was filled and balanced (took a couple of weeks). In addition to streaks, we had one large (3ft in diameter) dark area that we thought would need more acid washing but it completely disappeared after a couple of days and turned out to be nothing. Also, pebbletec stands behind the product so if any tweaks need to be done, I am sure your installer will take care of it.

From the photos, it looks like the smooth areas on the bond beam may be spots where they did not remove as much "cream" (plaster). If so, that is easily fixed with some additional acid. Definitely nothing to worry about.

I think the pool looks fantastic.

We have water! :D We've had water for a while now :oops:, but it's been a very busy summer (lots of entertaining!) and then we rolled right into the school year. Pool is still open though! Next week we close it for the fall/winter season. :(

Some shots of the pool "with water." ;)

IMG_4310 by theimporterswife

IMG_4714 by theimporterswife

fullsizeoutput_68b3 by theimporterswife

Untitled by theimporterswife

Untitled by theimporterswife

Untitled by theimporterswife, on Flickr

The auto-cover is awesome!!! I guess I should get a photo or two of the auto-cover closed.

Thank you for all of your help! I'm so grateful for this site! :)

And what pretty water it is! LOVE the pics! LOL on the dog standing and laying guard. My guess is he is never far from his kids! Does he get in much?

So cute them in the spa eating! Make a mess? No big deal! Just duck under the water and all clean again!

Are you finding the care of you pool easy?

Kim:kim:

I love the look of your entire layout. Couple of questions for you if you don't mind. Feel free to PM me if you would rather not share on the forum.

Is your hardscaping all genuine travertine, or a travertine paver style surface? If it's a paver surface, which brand? It looks like you also used travertine for your pool and spa coping as well. Which brand did you use for the pool coping? And how much per square foot for the both the pool coping and for the pool decking hardscaping installation? Also, you mentioned the fireplace wasn't as much as you had thought it would be, what was the pricing on the fireplace unit and what brand?

So glad you are getting to enjoy the new pool and spa before end of season! [emoji1]

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.