New build proposal in GA, would like some feedback

Depends on what you agreed upon. The excavator should have taken away most of the soil/dirt and left some for the other contractors. Any left after that has to be hauled away and that usually costs money. "Cleanup" prior to surfacing the pool usually means clean out the pool. The decking subcontractor will likely remove any soil they disturb in their own grading but they won't take away someone else's debris.

You should probably have an honest conversation with the PB regarding this. The boulders/rocks will be costly to haul away and remove. Can you use them at all in you landscaping plans?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i do have a 'plan B,' I can have an acquaintance with a Bobcat move the dirt around in the yard and compact it for about $500. The rocks, maybe 12 or so can be used within the landscape around my yard, it's just a pain to move them. I'm going to wait until the decking is done and address with the pool builder, the expectation written is not to leave a "war zone." As I said, it's clearly stated landscaping and "Lite" grading is up to me.

"Friend with a bobcat" works for me...

As for the rocks, Google the term "hoodoo rocks"...we have lots of hoodoo's around here ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My builder removed all waste as a result of the build, and they did general regrading of area. My landscape guy came in after that and finished up by smoothing, adding stuff to soil, laying sod, ... We never really discussed ahead of time, I just assumed this was where it would end up and he did it. Since PB was the GC for the project, I felt it was his job to manage all of that, including anything left behind by any subcontractors.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.