borates in my whirlpool :)

abycat

Jan 24, 2016
grande prairie
Im a service manager at an apartment complex and im the cpo. Ive been reading tfp for a few months and have used all the tips and tricks you guys do to help me run my 115000 litre pool and 5000 litre whirlpool. The last two weeks I've been studying the borate addition and thought I would try it in the whirlpool. used the pool calculator and it worked out great using ma and borax. my water has always been crystal clear in both pools but the whirlpool sure has better feeling water. Very pleased I found this site. Can't wait to try the borates in the main pool. Thanks everyone! Oh forgot to add that the ph rise from areation sure is slower. Pretty cool addition.

Yes, we definitely recommend adding borates to a hot tub to help control pH. Nice work!

More here for folks who want to know more, How do I use Chlorine in my Spa (or pool)?

Thanks! Yeah there is sure a ton of great info on here. I use 20ppm cya in my indoor pools cause of this site and it sure makes a big difference. I'm thinking of upping it to 30ppm in maybe just the whirlpool first to try it. I use the whirlpool as the test mule just cause it's drained every 2-3 weeks. Been closer to 3 weeks more since using methods and practices on this site :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.