Clean-out pipes after pool is closed

May 8, 2016
St Paul, MN
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Pool will be closed tomorrow. Our lines are blown out, because we're in Minnesota. Once that is done, is it possible or advisable for me to take any of the pipes apart? I'd like to check the pipes into our heater. It consistently refuses to fire because the pressure isn't high enough, even after I've backwashed and cleaned the filter. I'm wondering if there's some debris that's blocking the flow to the heater. We've replaced every part on the heater; it should work perfectly. But the pressure switch doesn't seem to let it fire.

Kelly

As far as I know its the amount of flow, not pressure your heater requires to operate. Its purely guessing, but I would look to the filter first for obstructions of flow. Perhaps you have to little water coming through the laterals of the filter? Perhaps the heater itself has a clog internally? Someone else will likely have some other reasons, but these are the first that come to mind for me.

Our pool set-up is filter - SWG - heater. So maybe that's the problem? There's not enough flow coming from the SWG to allow the heater to fire? If so, not sure what I can do about that.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.