Beginning tomorrow, Saturday June 6th, we will be readying our pool for our addition of an AutoPilot SWG on Tuesday, June 9th. My husband is flying into town on the latest flight there is tonight, and it is delayed, hence my appeal to you for opinions.
I have done the local shopping, including 20 bags of coarse solar salt (can't remember brand, but something Waterbear spoke of), and 10 4-lb. containers of Aqua Chem "Balance + Protect" Calcium Hardness Increaser. DH had sent me off to Lowes for Cargill Solar salt fine grade, but the stores inventory had substituted the coarse Diamond Crystal for the Cargill. I bought it anyway, after consulting with the local firm doing the install of the SWG.
recent pool numbers are:
FC 6 (coming down from the recent shocking and lowering of extreme CYA by way of waste and fill)
CC present but far less than .5 I think (the tiniest amount of pink scurried away with one drop on a 10mL Taylor test)
pH is 7.5, maybe 7.6
TA is 110
CH is 160
CYA is 60
Current, (before any change/addition) salt content is 527 ppm; pool company reading
Phosphates roughly 1000, maybe more (first time using test at home)
Borates approx. 15 maybe less (first time using test at home, Borax recently used to up pH from a low 7.0)
Question # 1: Should I add the calcium increaser by broadcasting one or two bottles tonight?
I need to up that Calcium Hardness and I have the 4 pound Aqua Chem bottles to do it. I have what we're guessing to be more of a 25,000 gallon pool, smaller than the previously calculated 30K. The deep-end walls are really an upside down Mayan pyramid, so the volume is smaller than if the walls were straight.
My husband wanted me to get started on this straightaway, but I hesitate. Maybe I will wait and add the Calcium Hardness Increaser at dawn tomorrow, depending upon whether or not any of you are at your computers on a June Friday night!!
Thank you very much in advance,