Brand New Pool... Starting soon...Newbie

Hi Everyone, first I am brand new and looking for solide advice from experts and not "salesmen"

I live in a suburb of Cleveland, have decided to have an IG pool installed very soon, we have narrowed down to a contractor for now and wanted to run by his plan to see if anything should be changed....

one of of the biggest questions I have is SWCG vs Bromine??? He suggested bromine and have talked to 4 friends that have pools and literally it was 50/50 for both sides.... I do travel 12-14 days a month and want something w less regular maintenance, even if my operating costs are a little higher... Thoughts?

18 x 36 Vinyl Pool package and here is what us included:
excavation and hauling of dirt from site, steel panels
Merlin vinyl liner of choice
2 skimmers, 3 returns, 2 main drains
# 57 limestone backfill with footer tile, plumbing is all schedule 40 pvc,
Jandy DEV60 Filter with multiport valve
Jandy 1hp Variable speed pump
Rheem 266K NG Cupro-Nickel Electronic Heater
Brominator
5' of concrete decking around pool (additional square footage $ 7.00 / square foot
fiberglass wall ladder with rails, 2 LED lights
Merlin Winter Mesh Cover
corner step with bench seat extended width of pool and wrap over liner, Automatic Pool Cover
complimentary first season basic weekly service and first season open and close.

thanks everyone and anyone for the advice...​

Welcome to TFP. Good to have you here :) There will be more expert opinions than mine, but here's my 2 cents.

Specify 2" pipe

Go with SWG, with at least 1.5 lbs per day output, or better yet 2.0 lbs per day output (e.g. Pentair IC60, Circupool RJ45). Bromine is expensive and introduces wrinkles you don't need to be burdened with.

I don't know the filter sizes, but go one size bigger than whatever filter is recommended by the manufacturer for your pool.

Ditch the basic weekly service. Use Trouble Free Pool Care.

Automatic pool cover is a very nice addition :)

have talked to 4 friends that have pools and literally it was 50/50 for both sides....

I'm surprised to hear that. The previous owner of my home left me with about $80 worth of bromine tabs that I didn't want. I literally couldn't give them away to TFP members - even spa owners. It seems that those "in the know" aren't big fans of bromine in outdoor pools. I finally found a taker in a FB friend with a spa.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.