All about PHin

Jul 11, 2016
Pleasanton, CA
I suspect that at least a few of the folks here are familiar with or have heard of PHin (Smart Pool Monitoring System | Simplify Pool Care | pHin), the automated product/service that monitors chemistry and directs treatment. PHin has two components: a floating sensor and home-delivered "pods" of chemicals. The sensor communicates directly with your phone to tell you which pods to feed your pool to stay in balance.

I think I would like it better if the sensor told me what chemicals I need to add to the pool and then it became my responsibility to do so, rather than throw in "one blue pod and two green pods." This suits my general belief that I should be exposed to, not shielded from, the subtleties and even the vagaries of pool chemistry.

That said, this is fascinating to me, and at $449 for 12 months or $249 for four months (just about the amount of time we use our pool), it has my attention. Has anyone used this service or one like it? Are there ones like it? Are there any that offer just a sensor to inform you of chemistry needs? I love my AquaLink, that allows me to control my equipment via my mobile device; a floating Bluetooth-enabled sensor is in keeping with our digital age.

Many thanks.

Rick Altman
Pleasanton CA
Standard in-ground pool
27,000 gallons

My concern is accuracy of the tester, FC is very difficult to get accurate automated readings which is why we use the test kit we use. Also I want to know what is going in pool so as long as they told me what the different colors are and they could prove acuracy of their equipment I would consider, but still probably more expensive than what I spend now.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.