Question about a Bond Beam for Coping Pavers

I am about to sign a contract with a PB for an in ground liner pool. The pool will be 18'6" by 36'6", and we are going with a Grecian shape. It will also have a heat pump, SWG, and self-cleaning floor jets. I do not know the exact brands, since I am waiting for the contract to be drafted.

I am not planning on using the suggested contractor for the patio. I was planning on hiring another contractor, that I have worked with before, to do a concrete paver patio. The pool will be cantilevered, so it will need coping pavers. The PB warned me to make sure that the contractor installs a bond beam that is 18 inches deep and 12 inches wide. My questions are:

When they install the pool, do they leave the space for the bond beam or will the paver contractor have to dig it out?

What brand of pavers would you recommend?

Are pavers a lot more maintenance than an aggregate patio/deck?

This is an overwhelming process, so I appreciate any help/suggestions offered.

Welcome to the forum.

The bond beam is a part of the pool structure, and is done by the PB. The coping should be attached to the bond beam, and the deck should have an expansion joint all around at the coping.

Please ask your PB to clarify.

EDIT: I now realize that you are getting a steel/liner pool. My comment above concerns a gunite/plaster pool.

It would be best to speak with your paver contractor about this.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.