First Time Pool Owner -Coleman above ground pool

RKK26

Aug 22, 2016
Brampton
Hi we're first time pool owners and last month installed a Coleman above ground 12' x 22' x 52" rectangular pool. We also purchased a Flowclear chlorinator so it's salt walter. Having trouble getting information/advice from the pool stores because they don't deal with soft sided pools. Tried Coleman customer service and they weren't a lot of help

Don't quite understand what a sand filter pump is but should we be replacing the pump that came with the pool with one of these? What's the benefit of it?

Also looking for a pool vacuum- called a lot of stores and nobody could help us because it's a soft sided pool.

Thanks

Hello and welcome to TFP! :wave: For information regarding your recommended chemicals and levels, please see our Pool School - Recommended Levels and Pool School - Chlorine / CYA Chart pages. Those will help tremendously. Also visit the TFP Pool School page (link below) for some good info.

As for the sand filter, they are very popular for their easy of cleaning. The pump moves the water while the sand filter portion catches any debris. Always remember though, the filter does NOT prevent algae - that's a chemical issue. So make sure you are testing your water with either a TF-100 or Taylor K-2006C. Those are the only two test kits recommended here at TFP.

For a vacuum, you should be able to pick-up a simple manual vacuum (hose, & head) that attaches to your skimmer or suction inlet for a relatively low cost. You'll use it primarily to vacuum debris off of the bottom. The sides you'll simply sweep/scrub and knock any junk to the floor.

Hope that helps. Nice to have you with us.

There are allot of options available, you can search on these forums and find allot of information. My signature has my pool build with pictures. Best thing to do right away is get a good test kit. I have the TF100, the Taylor is also good.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.