Local area pool store water testing descrepancies

Thanks all...figured no one size fits all. :)

Had to drain about 4" of water out of the pool Thursday as we left for Litchfield, SC beaches for the holiday weekend as they were calling for 4-6" of rain in Charlotte. I'm not sure how much we got up there today, but this Tropical Storm down here in Litchfield, SC was a pretty neat experience. :)

When I get back, I'll have to do some additional testing to se how much the rain impacted my pool chemistry.

On an aside, I think I may have discovered the culprit for my high CC level prior to my shocking last week. I suspected my Polaris 360's float was not working as effective any longer due to it not running optimally. When I checked/unscrewed the float, it was full of green algae water along with a bunch of algae on the threads. I never even gave the cleaner a thought that it could be the source, or at least a contributing factor to my high CC's or near algae breakout.

The easy answer is: Anything in the pool can be a source of algae. You would think, being the chlorinated water it wouldn't, but the problem is that the water isn't moving inside the light hiche, inside the float, inside/behind/under stairs and ladders. This allows the chlorine to get used up and then algae can get a foothold.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.