Craigslist Robot's

isriam

Jan 15, 2015
PHX
I don't see it talked about much here so I thought I'd ask. Why don't more readers buy their robots on CL? I have an appt today to get a tiger shark plus 2014 model for $350. I figured that was a pretty good deal. I've found a dolphin diagnostic for 500, and a few others for around that price range. Has anyone had bad experiences buying from there?

Just make sure it works and you are safe. C-list can be scary :rolleyes: in some areas. Our Police department offers for exchanges/buys in their front lobby BUT that does not help when it is something like a pool cleaner or lawn mower LOL

:kim:

I've bought three Dolphin Diagnostics from CL. I bought one about 12 years ago, and another one about 5 years ago. Both are in pools and still working today. I also bought a non-working one for parts, which has come in quite handy, If I remember right, the two working ones were in the $200-to $300 range and the cannibalization unit was $50.

Jim R.

nice. Glad to hear I'm not alone. i picked up a tiger shark plus today for $350. dude says he still has warranty for 1 more year and will do the service request if i need. dropped it in today and man that thing blows away any suction or pressure side cleaner i've ever had.

I don't see it talked about much here so I thought I'd ask. Why don't more readers buy their robots on CL? I have an appt today to get a tiger shark plus 2014 model for $350. I figured that was a pretty good deal. I've found a dolphin diagnostic for 500, and a few others for around that price range. Has anyone had bad experiences buying from there?

The power supplies on the Diagnostics are prone to failure. Getting used is a crapshoot. I had a used Diagnostic that I ended up buying 2 replacement ebay power supplies for before packing it in and getting a new S300. You can get lucky and buy a used unit that lasts a decade or one that craps out in a season. So after getting a used unit, I'd prefer to avoid the risk and get one with full warranty, not to mention a huge improvement in performance and cleaning.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.