Using 1 less drop of pH indicator R0004 for the pH test....OK or not?

oldguy70

Silver Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
Glendale, AZ
I read here on a posting someone suggested using 1 less drop of indicator to get a better color comparison.

I started doing that and I am finding using 1 less drop of R0004 indicator during the pH test, I get a much better idea of color match, seems that the color intensity is less and matches the comparator color.

Is this OK to test this way or not?...I just did another pH test used 4 drops, color matched at 7.4, added the 5th drop still 7.4 but color was more intense and harder to match (I am using the comparator that came with the K2006 kit filled to the 25mL mark)

It is ok because the color is established by the pH and the number of drops simply affects the intensity of the specific color (some refer to it as saturation but I'm not sure that's the correct term, perhaps some camera buffs can illuminate). Anyway, 4 drops will work just fine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.