I made a pool logger

Status
Not open for further replies.
First off let me thank TFP and Russell for creating both the Pool Math App and the PoolLogger.com website. This is definitely some exciting times for anyone who owns a pool. Between these two tools, I never have to take a pen and paper to test my pool anymore. I even gave up having to fill my EXCEL sheet by hand once Poollogger got CSV saving capability.

Anyway, I do have a question about Poollogger. I noticed today that there is a new button for adding Maintenance . Currently it seems to just let you place maintenance that you accomplished on your filter. Is there any plans to expand this to other areas? Also is there plans to allow reminders like Pool Math App is incorporating right now?

Again thanks for creating such a nice site!

Hey. Thanks. I'm glad you are enjoying the site.

Yes, I just added new maintenance items. Filter pressure, pump runtime, and SWG percentage. You can track it over time. The settings changed to include clean filter psi, last cleaned, last backwashed etc. all of this will end up displayed on the main page. There will be a virtual filter gauge so you can see when you need to backwash and it will remind you about all the various items based on how you want it to remind you.

After I add all of that. I will set up the Optional SMS reminders.

Thanks for for using it and keep the suggestions coming. If y'all notice any new bugs with the latest updates let me know.

Edit: Added Filter Gauge - more coming...

Thanks! Trying to figure out how to handle variable speed pumps with the new filter gauge feature if anyone has any ideas feel free to send me a message through the contact page.

EDIT: Sorry users, there was a little bug in the clean filter pressure, i fixed it but it might have reset some of your clean filter psi to 9.9. Sorry, wont happen again.

I was just entering some data and went to the Chemical Additions summary page to check the numbers. I just realized that the totals are for everything since day one.
Is there a way to make the totals more seasonal in nature? Where the user can set a year start date ( for those in the south or Aus )? Something like below. Not sure how practical since we are tracking multiple chemicals.

2017 season total to date:
2016 season total:
Running total:

Thanks for a great app! It makes my pool logging so much easier! I do have one suggestion but it may be peculiar to how I do things.... Is there a way to have the PH calculator take into account my current test results and give me a new CSI reading based on how I target a new PH? I like to keep my CSI above -0.3 so I am currently using PoolMath to check the CSI for a particular PH target before I decide how much acid to add.

Thank you for all your efforts!

I was just entering some data and went to the Chemical Additions summary page to check the numbers. I just realized that the totals are for everything since day one.
Is there a way to make the totals more seasonal in nature? Where the user can set a year start date ( for those in the south or Aus )? Something like below. Not sure how practical since we are tracking multiple chemicals.

2017 season total to date:
2016 season total:
Running total:

Yes. Absolutely. I made that page really quick last summer. It needs to be updated with custom ranges!! Added to the list. Thank you!!!

- - - Updated - - -

JamieP, do you mean on the quick pH calculator? If so, yeah I can make it show CSI based on current tests plus the new quick target pH. That should be really easy. I'll try to get it added tomorrow.

Yes. Absolutely. I made that page really quick last summer. It needs to be updated with custom ranges!! Added to the list. Thank you!!!

- - - Updated - - -

JamieP, do you mean on the quick pH calculator? If so, yeah I can make it show CSI based on current tests plus the new quick target pH. That should be really easy. I'll try to get it added tomorrow.

Awesome. I was just thinking to myself yesterday that having some kind of way to figure out the CSI given a pH would be beneficial. Thanks Russell!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Yes, that's exactly what I meant. I'm glad it will be easy for you. Thank you!

I too have enjoyed using this app again this year. I do have one suggestion. Would it be possible to add the range that you are wanting to stay within beside the item you are testing? For example, my CYA is 40 so I try to stay around 6ppm. I know that I need to stay between 5 and 7 but it would be nice it that showed up when I was entering the test result. That way I would know without seconding guessing. It would also be helpful to see what your last test result was while your entering the new test results. Maybe something like this...

FC: (Goal=5-7)(Last test=6)
Enter Free Chlorine

Maybe thats getting to be too much?

It would also be helpful to have an few open lines that people can label themselves. I am having to keep track of my Copper and it would be nice if I could add that to the list of items that I am testing. Would also be great if it could create a graph from that input also.

This is just a few ideas I have had while using it.

I too have enjoyed using this app again this year. I do have one suggestion. Would it be possible to add the range that you are wanting to stay within beside the item you are testing? For example, my CYA is 40 so I try to stay around 6ppm. I know that I need to stay between 5 and 7 but it would be nice it that showed up when I was entering the test result. That way I would know without seconding guessing. It would also be helpful to see what your last test result was while your entering the new test results. Maybe something like this...

FC: (Goal=5-7)(Last test=6)
Enter Free Chlorine

Maybe thats getting to be too much?

It would also be helpful to have an few open lines that people can label themselves. I am having to keep track of my Copper and it would be nice if I could add that to the list of items that I am testing. Would also be great if it could create a graph from that input also.

This is just a few ideas I have had while using it.

You mean on the home screen? If you are using Bleach/Liquid Chlorine it should show you the correct range for your CYA when you click your FC number. Do you put your own target in the advanced settings or do you let it figure the range out for you? If you have a set target it will always tell you what you need to do to hit that. If you leave that blank it will display the range.

Cool idea on the input page. I will try to make that happen.

Copper isn't usually tested by most people but I will try to think of a creative way for doing custom items.

I have not entered a set range. I was thinking adding that to the labels on the Add New Test page. After you click on the +Test at the top.

If you can do custom lines it would cut down on how many items you have to manage. Some people keep track of misc. items that do not need a suggested range. Like the copper. I test if from time to time and add it to the notes. It would be awesome to have it in a chart to see how it is changing over time. Hopefully this will be the last year I have to deal with the copper.

The custom item thing is a good idea because you could also track subjective things like "water feel" or cloudiness, if you wanted. Or even things like number of hours running certain equipment (for predicting lifespan), etc. It's a good catch-all. I could see using that for number of hours I ran my cleaner that day, and then adding it up later - I could then predict how many more seasons it probably has left. I'd ignore trying to implement ranges/suggestions for those custom items, just as long as the result can be a number.

The custom item thing is a good idea because you could also track subjective things like "water feel" or cloudiness, if you wanted. Or even things like number of hours running certain equipment (for predicting lifespan), etc. It's a good catch-all. I could see using that for number of hours I ran my cleaner that day, and then adding it up later - I could then predict how many more seasons it probably has left. I'd ignore trying to implement ranges/suggestions for those custom items, just as long as the result can be a number.

Some good points. I am looking in to this. Thanks.

Russell, Thank you for this application, I have been using it since April and plan to continue through this season and beyond. As a Liquidator user I would use the custom fields to track when and how much chlorine I add to it and also the setting on my pinch valve which controls the the flow.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.