I made a pool logger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Russell,

Is there anywhere in Pool Logger that tells you what your ranges should be? For instance, I have a pH = 7.4 Pool logger states:

I cannot find where logger believes my pH level should equal 7.6 which is what the above calculates. And why is this a "Danger"?

Good call. It assumes TFP recommendations of 7.5-7.8, you can put in a single target for this but not a range that you want to stay in. Good point and, yes I need to modify it to show that and you are also right that it is not a danger when you are still in the range you are. I will work to remedy that.
Not only would I like to see the values that Logger is recommending, but also be able to put in the ranges I would like for those values. For example I can currently put in a Target pH = 7.4. But I would like to put in a Range of 7.4 - 7.8.
Let me think on how to do this to modify for ranges

This project is coming along great and I appreciate you letting us be a part of it. Just a few items to make it my primary logger:

1. Ability to download all inputs with a single stroke (i.e., you have the ability to download one day at a time, but I would like to download my entire database of entries at one time).
You can view entire history. Do you mean download to an excel file or something?

2. Tie Notes to a particular test. (I know this one is being worked)
3. Ability to set individual reminders for each test component.
On the list

4. Add ability to log what actions where taken due to the tests. For instance if it suggests that you should add 56 ounces of Bleach to raise to your target FC, then I should have a spot where I can enter in how much bleach I added. I use this to estimate how much the pool is costing me in bleach as well as getting an average of how much bleach is needed for certain times of the year.
Already working on this!

The above are just suggestions and not criticisms. I think your project and work is awesome!
Thank you. I love feedback like this. I want to keep making it better for everyone!

You can view entire history. Do you mean download to an excel file or something?

Yes, I meant download all records to EXCEL compatible format.

The reason that I want this capability is because I also track how much chemicals I use, how much money I spend, and plot the trends. These are way above what I would expect your logger to do.

I have chemical additions working on my side here. I am just trying to figure out how to display it for everyone. So I should release it here in the next few days! I went back and added in all my additions that I had put in originally as regular notes and things work pretty well. 171 oz of MA since August 10th. Thanks SWG! :)

Thanks for the nice addition of adding in the target values of your chemical addition recommendations. The recommendations now make sense to me. :) Keep the goodies coming!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So I added the new chemical logging feature. Could be buggy, let me know. This will now not only log your test history but all of your chemical additions as well. It will take your chemicals in the settings page and use those as your primary chemicals in the dropdown.

Next, I will make a reporting page so you can see how much of each chemical you use over time. If you guys want, you can go back and look at all of your notes and add them as chemical additions and then delete the notes.

Attachments

• IMG_0077.jpg
    IMG_0077.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 203
very, VERY sweet!! I love it more with each addition.

One suggestion, can you make "Tap Water" a chemical so that we can track water additions / subtractions as well. removal would be a negative number, but in your reporting page, the water removal wouldn't negate any water additions. Want to track that I had to added 500 gallons here, drained 500 cuz it rained, then added 750 gallons due to evap, for a total of 1250 gallons added, 500 removed.

Thanks for all your efforts to make this great tool.

very, VERY sweet!! I love it more with each addition.

One suggestion, can you make "Tap Water" a chemical so that we can track water additions / subtractions as well. removal would be a negative number, but in your reporting page, the water removal wouldn't negate any water additions. Want to track that I had to added 500 gallons here, drained 500 cuz it rained, then added 750 gallons due to evap, for a total of 1250 gallons added, 500 removed.

Thanks for all your efforts to make this great tool.

Great idea. I'll try to think of a creative way to do that as I don't think it fits with 'Add Chemicals', so let me think on it.

- - - Updated - - -

Can you add the logging of the CSI result with each test as well as a chart for CSI? With high hardness levels, I carefully watch the CSI.

Great Idea, I'll add that shortly.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.