New Pool Start - Fontana, CA - Copping & Stone began 10/8, sort of completed 10/25

Re: New Pool Start - Fontana, CA - Gunite Completed 9/27

One person here recently had the wrong type (surface) of travertine installed. It was like walking on ice according to them. Everyone kept falling down (sounded really bad). Aside from appearance, please do check for traction when wet in bare feet and in shoes without any texture.

I agree. Honed travertine around a pool is a big no-no from a slip resistance perspective. Especially if you have kids or frequently entertain kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also love in fontana and currently getting bids. Would you mind sharing your PB and how the experience has been so far?

Hi A2diaz, sent you a PM with my PB. welcome to the club!

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you all for your comments, Mason came out today to see if they could clean up the chalkiness and he sanded a piece down on another he used muriatic acid to clean it up.. So that made it look much better. Looks like he will be out tomorrow to complete the job. PB is totally flexible in replacing all the stone at this point but based on the feedback and what I have read it sounds like Tumbled is the way to go.. Looking to keep the job going so they shared they would complete by Sunday.

Any issues that you see using muratic acid to clean the chalkiness then it will be sealed, due to salt water and to preserve the wet look.

Re: New Pool Start - Fontana, CA - Copping & Stone began 10/8

Looks fine actually, they still need to do the corner on the right side. I remebered you wanted to see the tile in the skimmer, it was not finished today but will take a pic tomorrow once its done.

I also live in fontana and currently getting bids. Would you mind sharing your PB and how the experience has been so far?

Get a bid from Castaway Pools in Rancho Cucamonga. Mike (owner) built our pool earlier this year.

Pictures before and after on Yelp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Re: New Pool Start - Fontana, CA - Copping & Stone began 10/8, sort of completed 10/2

I love that expanse of stone!! (And expense too I'm sure.)

Re: New Pool Start - Fontana, CA - Copping & Stone began 10/8, sort of completed 10/2

Update.. all work was put on hold due to the city requirements of a new permit for the back retaining wall. Had to have it engineered and the 4 weeks for the city to review. Finally it was approved last Thursday, and waiting on the decking to begin this week.

Stone work guys used the wrong grout color and should be fixing this week as well..

Hope to get this wrapped up in the next couple of weeks..

OUCH on the delay. Glad it has been approved. Too bad you did not know it needed to be done on the front end but..........live and learn.

How will they fix the grout color? On the last picture above I do not see anything standing out to says wrong to me. I bet it does show up to you being right there through.

Kim:kim:

OUCH on the delay. Glad it has been approved. Too bad you did not know it needed to be done on the front end but..........live and learn.

How will they fix the grout color? On the last picture above I do not see anything standing out to says wrong to me. I bet it does show up to you being right there through.

Kim:kim:
Yes on the permit.. live and learn!

For the grout two guys worked all day with a chisel and a grinder to cut out the red grout..all fixed now [emoji1].

Inspection passed yesterday so footing and wall work started today. Yay!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

747eac782987a785802fc8b5bebe226f.jpg

Started filling at 10:55 [emoji1]

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.