So my results are:
FC 10.5
CC 0
TC 10.5
pH 7.2
TA 130
CH 200
CYA 30

I've been adding about 1/2c 12.5% bleach daily until my test kit came, so my best guess is that's why it's so high,:confused: so until it gets closer to a 4 I will then decide if I should adjust my pH, (a) is that correct? I have iron in my water so maybe I should keep it around (b) 7.2? Also, (c) is my TA too high & should I do something to lower that? My pool will be closing for the winter so idk if it's worth worrying about before doing so. (d) At this point in time should I do the ONCLT? So many questions I know... ;) Thank you.
ps: also thank you for the recommended speed stir! I'm very happy I splurged and got it!

Also, I bought the pressure gauge as mine didn't work. This one was covered in the oily substance that is inside it, with large air bubbles, the liquid is coming out of the rubber stopper at the top. Is this worth worrying about or will it still work?

Last edited:
Assuming your water is clear, I would do little to that pool. Don't mess with TA unless your pH gets difficult to keep low (7.2 is good to keep the iron dissolved.....good thinking.

You can do an OCLT anytime.....I think you'll pass.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.