Perfection, NC
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-30 Plus
I'm taking care of a neighbor's pool who has moved 1000 miles away and is renting the property. The house is in a future highway right of way so he can't sell it and doesn't want to spend any more than necessary for repairs. Its an ig fg, around 4-5k gallons. I turned the tenants on to TFP as soon as they moved in, did a full set up and chemistry adjustment prior. Apparently there is a leak, I haven't had a chance to check the hydrostatic valve (I will when I can get my scuba gear back from a remote location.) In the meantime I have recommended that he utilize the puck chlorinator and I'll check the CYA and other levels periodically. The pool is losing too much water for evaporation to account for the drop. Make up water is from a softener, so that is a help. Other than adding bleach and MA to supplement the pucks, are there any other suggestions?

If they are using pucks the MA might not be needed as pucks tend to make PH drop.

You are doing all you can. They really need their own kit to keep on top of it though (as I am sure you know but needed to say it).

I suggested that they get their own kit (and he knew that) since I can't always get there. Losing both CYA and CL is the concern. Plus they have small kids that like to splash a LOT, so splash out is another issue. Ironically, pool stores offer potions that claim to reduce pool maintenance but don't while the TFP method while initially a bit more effort DOES reduce maintenance significantly!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.