The Return of the Pool That Just Won't Die

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Just keep using the rake (or net) whenever possible. You'll start to notice that you'll start getting less and less as time goes on. Also, even with solids on the bottom your water color will start to change. As is clears up it also will become easier to clean. Keep cleaning solids whenever possible while focusing on the water chemistry.

That said, can you retest your CYA and FC levels? We'll start adjusting these levels to get things rolling.

Sun finally came out and I was able to do a CYA test. Despite some haziness, I was able to see he dot even when the tube was filled completely. So I'm going to shoot for 30 CYA. Let's see what my math says.

- - - Updated - - -

That would've been the time to get in and scoop out what you could...

I know, but:

A: I have this thing about getting into gross water that I can't see through.
B: I don't know how to use the steps that came with the pool. :( but that's another issue for another day.

42oz is correct. Let's keep it simple and add 2.5 pounds of stabilizer into a sock and hang in front of the returns.

How much bleach did you add this morning to "bump" your FC up some to insure you stayed above 10?

Haziness is good... shows there is some but we don't know how much... Baby steps into CYA...

Don't want to add too much at first. I would go for 1lb right now so you can get the hang of it. 24-48 hours that dissolves, you can get an accurate reading on what you have added. Play with the calc and see how much 1 lb will raise it. IF you are just below 30 (which it may be), you don't want to add another 30 and have it at 60 right away. Your end target will be 40 so try to shoot under that for now

Check your fc to make sure you are still at 10 or so

- - - Updated - - -

well im a day late and a dollar short today....

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.