Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Anyone have blueprints for an Ark?

1. Back To Top    #1

Anyone have blueprints for an Ark?

I'm only about 4 months into the pool-owner thing, and have a question about excessive rain. We've gotten flood-level rains over the last two days, and even our coping is underwater. I realize its going to throw off the chemicals, but do I need to pump it out to waste, or can I just consider it free water and let it go down gradually? I guess the skimmer really won't be able to "skim" but other than that is it a problem? We just had all new pebble plaster, tile, and coping installed, so hopefully it won't mess with the mortar or mastic...
    28K IG, stonescapes pebble, raised spa, hayward heater, Pentair Intelliflo, Pentair 60ft DE filter, built around 1980, remodeled 2007.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Ditto, it throws off the chem balance so that has to be watched. The constant rain drops/splatter brought the PH WAY up on mine and of course watered down/diluted the CYA and chlorine. The skimmer did not do its job, except whatever was suspended that got pulled in and filtered by the skimmer sock/basket. I have also now pumped out over 13" of rain that went above the skimmer since early May. This last round yesterday has not been pumped out, so that would make another 2"

Ark plans? Pass them along please.....
    18x33x52 Buttressfree Seaspray (Wilbar) AGP - 1.5hp Pentair Maxim w/22" Pentair Meteor Sand Filter, Aqua Rite SWG System, Biltmore Walk In Steps - 2/4x20 Solar Panel Setup - Doheny Jet Drive (RIP -Pool Rover Jr) - finally hard plumbed the whole darned thing -
    Beats Driving to the Lake!