Little green on bottom, next steps?

snuhjr

Jun 17, 2012
Independence, KY
I was vacuuming my pool late this morning after we had a few storms the past few days and saw some small green patches on the floor as I was vacuuming. I vacuumed up most of it manually, then ran the EZ vac for a while and brushed the walls and floor of the pool after. The water is clear.

As a newer pool owner, (New in April) I just want to make sure I do the right thing. I plan on doing the overnight test tonight to see about a possible SLAM. I added two 3" trichlor tabs to the chlorinator to aid in bringing CYA up. (I normally just use liquid chlorine) Is there anything else I should do?

I could see more green through my sunglasses than I could without. (weird)

Here are my test results from my TF100

FC 7
CC 0
TA 110
CH 200 (Not important, just felt like checking)
CYA 25? (I checked three times. The last few times I have checked this, it has been 40 fairly consistently)
PH 7.3

With my CYA usually at 40, I keep my FC around 6 usually.

Thanks in advance for the help!!!

Be sure to pull that chlorinater out about 30 min before you start the OCLT.

If if this were my pool, I would skip the OCLT and immediately start a SLAM. Visible algae will just come right back as all you did was disturb it, not kill it.

Dom

Here is where I was to start for reference before I began slamming and as I was vacuuming.
IMG_2247.jpg

IMG_2246.jpg

I found the culprit early this afternoon while in the pool brushing. Underneath the mat that lies under the steps was slick as ice with algae. Removed mat, brushed both sides and then lifted and brushed under the steps. It has been put back together now. The pool is looking better. I have been keeping FC at 12.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.