New Northeastern Pa Build

Ahhhh, those wonderful Lego years - I loved them! I had to look up the bb8 - I need to get out more! Lol!!
It looks awesome! No wonder your son is obsessed with it. Maybe Dad Is a little bit, too, huh?!! One thing is for sure, Jim. You definitely live life to the fullest!!

I love your thread and your posts!
Suz

thanks suz. i try to make everyone happy so lots of back and forth between projects. lol we still haven't finished the disney castle that i started in december! legos are a winter thing but he got this for his birthday so he was excited.

bb8. . . the new r2d2. . . for the next generation of star wars fans. lol

- - - Updated - - -

My 6- and 9-year-old have been on some amazing adventures during their short little lives. But if asked, they don't hesitate: best all-around trip hands down: LEGOLAND. Have you been? Looks like you're not that far from one... Oh, wait. Check that. Not open yet. Coming soon...

LEGOLAND New York Theme Park | LEGOLAND New York Resort

yes we are getting one soon! it does look like such a cool place dirk. legos were pretty much my go to toy as a kid or transformers. i collect a bit. i try to get all the creator buildings and we have been trying to grow our train collection. i am hoping they do more adult disney stuff cause the castle was amazing. would be awesome if they did a ride or 2.

jim

today was a productive day. we worked for 4 hours together and then i decided to start to restock our supply but then of course got sidetracked. i ended up dry fitting the top of the pier that isn't finished yet. i then decided let me dry fit the top 7 layers of the other pier and well might as well run the other wall for the planter minus the return and corner. so i built them upside-down so we can just flip and move and glue. should save us at least a couple of hours. started to rain so I came in. i like the color. i think it blends well with the pavers.

Untitled by Jim, on Flickr
how we started the pier. cut the bottom course which will be hid by pavers. then we were able to run the tops nice and quick. all is glued in place but these things are so freaking heavy you barely need glue.

part of the pier built and the plantar wall coming off of it. we stopped so we can build the corner.

then i decided to get ahead a bit.
last 4 courses for 1 pier and the top 7 courses for the other pier.

and then i built the other wall for the plantar. yes it dips in the middle cause we aded some wicked slope to drain everything properly are going to cut all the bottom course cause they will be hidden by pavers and then we will be level to build it up. the pairs will just follow our cuts.

i'm in good shape. i need lou this week so we can glue and stack together. this way we can check our plumb and level lines and makes laying out the wall easier. then his brother will build the steps. i'm hoping to have this all knocked out by the end of next week.

jim

SO in love with the colors and shapes! WOWZER!

Jim? Sidetracked??? YEPPERS! LOL :hug:

Kim:kim:

thanks Kim. I got lucky that the color matches. I bought this stuff just in a book. The color that I should have gotten just didn’t look right. So I picked another color and it matched. I got very lucky.

Sidetracked? Me?

U ever see the movie Up? Squirrel! Lol

Going to be very nice Jim! I know you have been so busy on this project and you are not getting in your fishing time. I was on the lake yesterday and this morning so I thought about you and grabbed a fishing poll. This is for you...dont be jealous of my catch :)

IMG_2556.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Wouldn't it be easier to wet set them in concrete to get them level as opposed to surgical cuts that won't show anyway?

Brian we wet set those block. we just got done before we got another inch of rain. i got everything covered. i just hope all the water laying up against the mud base cause of my pitch doesn't mess up the mud.

I am sooooooo frustrated with the weather. all we got done is the first course to level up. then we laid the last 10 feet which should have been just glued down but of course the concrete was kinda weird so we had to have the bottoms a bunch. the last block we used a 3 inches vs a 6 and set it in mud to the 6 inch hight to level up since the mud will be hidden by the paver course. it looks horrible right now but when it's all done i'm the only 1 who will known but it bothers me. but to cut down the block with the saw is a pain. tomorrow i'll lay out the rest of the wall and then we can glue it down. we have to do the drain pipes out to the side of the house before we do the return since they will be buried under the wall. it's always something. we just can't do something in 1 shot. there is always something else that needs to be done first before you finish what you want to get done.

Brian we wet set those block. we just got done before we got another inch of rain. i got everything covered. i just hope all the water laying up against the mud base cause of my pitch doesn't mess up the mud.

I am sooooooo frustrated with the weather. all we got done is the first course to level up. then we laid the last 10 feet which should have been just glued down but of course the concrete was kinda weird so we had to have the bottoms a bunch. the last block we used a 3 inches vs a 6 and set it in mud to the 6 inch hight to level up since the mud will be hidden by the paver course. it looks horrible right now but when it's all done i'm the only 1 who will known but it bothers me. but to cut down the block with the saw is a pain. tomorrow i'll lay out the rest of the wall and then we can glue it down. we have to do the drain pipes out to the side of the house before we do the return since they will be buried under the wall. it's always something. we just can't do something in 1 shot. there is always something else that needs to be done first before you finish what you want to get done.

:goodjob:

I hear ya on the progress...nothing worse than things out of your control causing delays.

Hi everyone. Just wanted to check in. So I think nepa is officially a rainforest. We get Florida summer storms but instead of hem being 5 mins they last 2 hrs. It’s bizzarre. And I swear the sun is hotter this year. I was telling cliff that I went fishing the other morning and it was so hot By 9 I came off the water and went out in the yard. I wanted to remount my electrical splice boxes and clean the pad up. I lasted like an hour. Came in and passed out for 3 hours. First time it ever happened. Then Monday my buddy and myself decided to dig in the first course of the last wall we need to build. I swore we were going to have a heart attack. It was insane. Like equator hot.

Anyway. Outside brick is done. My mason is one the kitchen wall and fireplace. We r changing things up daily as usual but it is looking pretty good. It’s deff got that 1800’s you can walk into the firebox look to it. It’s pretty big. I’m going to go pick up the steel for the opening tomorrow and they r going to start to climb up.

I also finally got my fence ordered. Not bad for me. Filled the pool a year ago and fence is going up Finally. We just couldn’t do it yet cause the pool house was needed first to act as a wall for the fence in part of the yard.

My one plantar wall is done. My 2 piers r done minus caps and lights. My other wall is in the works. I have to build another set of walls to block where the dog goes to the bathroom with the extra material. My wife doesn’t like the baby gate setup anymore. So my dog will have a beautiful custom built wall for privacy. Lol. I have nothing else to do ya know. I love building random walls.

What else. Expectations. So brick will be all done. Walls and piers will be all done. Fence in.

where I want to be at end of season is kitchen built minus counter tops. I have all equipment for kitchen already. I need all gutters underground and backwash tied into gutters. And all thstctied into my house gutters. I want all my grading done and ground dig down for 12 inches and ready for topsoil next year.

Then next year. Finish bathroom. Do ceiling. Pavers for pool house and lower area cause it’s well over 2000 square feet. Landscaping.

Do i get the reward for slowest build?

no pics cause its a war zone here. And you all know me. I’m very neat. I’m pretty twitchy right now. Ask suz and cliff. They listen to it regularly.

Yep it’s a mess and his house is going downhill...on the bright side he’s building one heck of a fireplace :)

legos are a winter thing but he got this for his birthday so he was excited.

bb8. . . the new r2d2. . . for the next generation of star wars fans. lol

jim

I would love the r2d2! My eldest just turned 12 and we finally bought him the Death Star after 6+ years of asking! It was a really quick build for him so although it looks amazing, I feel like it didn’t keep him building for as long as expected. Now to find somewhere to put it... probably not a good idea to hang it from the ceiling with the others.

dae0494a74577095e4c2f8aa73f14d1c.jpg

I would love the r2d2! My eldest just turned 12 and we finally bought him the Death Star after 6+ years of asking! It was a really quick build for him so although it looks amazing, I feel like it didn’t keep him building for as long as expected. Now to find somewhere to put it... probably not a good idea to hang it from the ceiling with the others.

dae0494a74577095e4c2f8aa73f14d1c.jpg

My son (and myself) are extremely jealous

Builds in general are pretty much on par with one another anymore it seems. Even the creator buildings get repeatative. I will say the Technic sets. The large ones are pretty hard. We buy my son these cause he can really play with them without falling all apart. They r a good time to build. The Volvo was awesome to do. 9 motors I think. The mine machine was the hardest. The mk crane was a very hard motor setup to get right. We r working on the green logging tractor right now from last year. It’s a cool build.

Builds in general are pretty much on par with one another anymore it seems. Even the creator buildings get repeatative. I will say the Technic sets. The large ones are pretty hard. We buy my son these cause he can really play with them without falling all apart. They r a good time to build. The Volvo was awesome to do. 9 motors I think. The mine machine was the hardest. The mk crane was a very hard motor setup to get right. We r working on the green logging tractor right now from last year. It’s a cool build.

I agree that the builds all seem fairly similar. My hubby would love for him to build some technic sets. It’s strange because he’s just not into them. Maybe that will change. The Volvo sounds amazing! Good to know it was a good build. The logging tractor too. Maybe he might be interested by his next birthday.

I agree that the builds all seem fairly similar. My hubby would love for him to build some technic sets. It’s strange because he’s just not into them. Maybe that will change. The Volvo sounds amazing! Good to know it was a good build. The logging tractor too. Maybe he might be interested by his next birthday.

he likes them cause they r motorized. He is 6. He is flying through a bunch of Minecraft sets right now. I have thexfishing village and nijago village I’m sitting on right now while I finish the Disney castle. I’m really hoping to do more high end Disney stuff.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.