is mudjacking a viable option for a pool deck surrounding a gunite pool.

RwG184

Jul 25, 2016
Buffalo
We have a gunite pool and over the past several years a couple of sections of the pool decking has heaved away from the edge. Is mudjacking a viable alternative for repair? I received a quote for mudjacking but have heard it shouldn't be done. Not knowing what I don't know... what are the pros and cons.
thanks

Welcome to TFP!

This is one of those things I'd love to say will work, but with the pressures involved I'm not sure it wouldn't damage the pool wall.

I feel,the only way to be certain would be for an engineer to run the calculations. But, with the engineers report comes a cost. Not only their time, but the cost of their liability insurance.

Have you thought about estimates for replacing those sections? It might be interesting to see the comparison.

thanks for the welcome. So I should be concerned with pressures even with a gunite pool?
I have reached out to several of the local Buffalo NY concrete contractors who do pool work and am on the waiting list for a another couple of weeks before they can come out. The local mudjacking company has quoted me $1500 to do the one full side of our pool where it is really sloping away from the edge.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.