Las Vegas Build - It's like butter

pH rise will always be a struggle. Keep an eye on it, you don't want the pH going over 8.

Try shutting the cell off for a day. That cell is really big for your pool

I figured out that my pump was running too long, I am not sure how the egg timer works... but it seems to have been affecting when my pump was on. You cannot set egg timer to zero or turn it off. And I am not sure how it kicks on as it is supposed to only kick on when you turn something on manually. But my pump and my in floor cleaners seemed to always be on. I set them now to 2 hours for pump and 15 min for floor cleaners.. so whenever the pump goes on manually it will only stay on two hours and if the schedule kicks it on and the system sees that as a manual start, at least it won't stay on all the time. it seems to be working as the pump isn't running as much now, so I want to watch the FC and see if that changes now.

today:
FC 8
CC 0
TC 8
TA 80
PH 7.5
temp 64
CSI -.35

PH finally came down again. And TA is finally at 80 solid..

How do you have the floor cleaners configured in Screenlogic?

Does the pump cycle and change speeds?

The egg timer only comes into play when you are outside the scheduled run time and trigger something manually.

Floor cleaners are on a valve B... Valvle B should only operate when the AUx A button is pushed.
I only have pump at one speed 1300, set to run 3x a day - two hours each time.... unless I manually put it at 3450 (high)

I thought that was the case... as to egg timer..

But the cleaners trigger.. and run on and off on their own it seems..

Aux A? Should be a number right?

I'm thinking you don't have it configured correctly. Go to Configure Screenlogic and then to the Aux and Feature circuit assignments.

Pool - This should be the lowest pump speed that will allow the SWG to run and likely the speed that you use the vast majority of the time. For circuit function, assign it POOL.

Aux 2 (or whichever one you are using) - Name it Floor Cleaner (or any custom name you see fit) and assign it GENERIC. I'm suggesting this because if you assign it to Floor Cleaner, the pump will cycle speeds every 20 mins and rotate the threeway valve that you have assigned to that circuit. I'm also thinking this is why your egg timer isn't working on that function.

Since the floor cleaner only requires a pump speed and a valve rotation, you'd be better off using a Feature circuit to save the Aux circuit for something that needs line voltage to be triggered by the relay.

If all else fails, post a couple screenshots of the configuration.

Aux A? Should be a number right?

I'm thinking you don't have it configured correctly. Go to Configure Screenlogic and then to the Aux and Feature circuit assignments.

Pool - This should be the lowest pump speed that will allow the SWG to run and likely the speed that you use the vast majority of the time. For circuit function, assign it POOL.

Aux 2 (or whichever one you are using) - Name it Floor Cleaner (or any custom name you see fit) and assign it GENERIC. I'm suggesting this because if you assign it to Floor Cleaner, the pump will cycle speeds every 20 mins and rotate the threeway valve that you have assigned to that circuit. I'm also thinking this is why your egg timer isn't working on that function.

Since the floor cleaner only requires a pump speed and a valve rotation, you'd be better off using a Feature circuit to save the Aux circuit for something that needs line voltage to be triggered by the relay.

If all else fails, post a couple screenshots of the configuration.

I have done everything you said, except I have the Aux for the pool cleaner set as a pool cleaner... not generic... SO I am guessing That is the reason it keeps cycling...

Pool is assigned to 1300 rpm which is the lowest speed that the SWG will function for my setup.

Pool cleaner shouldn't cycle. Floor Cleaner will.

I meant floor cleaner.. :cool:

I redid the layout so that one of my features is the floor cleaner now, with its own speed (high). And set its own time to run. And I defined it as generic.

I think its all working correctly now... I am still not sure why the valve was turning when the pump was on. but I have seemed to have corrected the problem.

I also was able to clean up the program, by not displaying those things I am not using or have not programmed.

I'm going to wire my yard lights up so that they are controlled there too, instead of the generic on at dark timer. If nothing else, just to free up the plug on the side of the controls. I could wire my sprinkler system to it too, but I think I will let rainbird do its own work..lol

Todays readings:

FC 7
CC .5
TC 7.5
TA 80
PH 7.5
Temp 64

PH really didn't move much over night, TA is a solid 80... so I added about 40lbs of Borac acid (Got it shipped from the diesel place 55lb bucket) today... according to Pool math, that should get me close to 50ppm ...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hi, I'm new to the site. We have had a lot of consults with PB companies and was planning on using a pool builder, but was problematic and will now do Owner/builder instead. BTW, l already have our pool plans approved by Las Vegas. Would appreciate any help available. Could you send me a copy of your list of subcontractors? Thanks

Just an update... anyone building a pool in Vegas wants to come by and take a look at the pool and setup is more than welcome.. just message me..

A few current pictures as my landscaping is starting to grow in... and the coral decking is beginning to age nicely... and works as advertised.. 100 degrees and still the deck is cool...

Ok, good to know thank you! I've seen some Honey Gold that looks too light and also seemed to get white scuff marks on it. Yours isn't too light for me though, this really might work. I should have asked the first time, do you remember if it was 'Classic' or 'Natural'?

Ok, good to know thank you! I've seen some Honey Gold that looks too light and also seemed to get white scuff marks on it. Yours isn't too light for me though, this really might work. I should have asked the first time, do you remember if it was 'Classic' or 'Natural'?

Natural seems to come to mind.. but no specific memory as to what it is.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.