Best (user friendly) test kit for newbie?

Apr 20, 2016
Lexington, ky
I'm new to owning a pool....actually I've never owned a pool. Had one growing up but of course didn't have to care for it and it wasn't salt.
Now we're having a 19,000 gallon salt water pool built and its going to be my responsibility to care for it....I was wondering which test kit would be best for me. Is there one better than the other? Or all about the same? Maybe a silly question but I'm pretty clueless. I've read pool school but it still seems pretty foreign to me...I'm kind of a hands on learner. So which kit do you recommend? Also any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated! I feel like I'm in over my head and haven't even started! haha.

Thanks!

Without question - the TF-100 (with Speed Stir) :stirpot: Great value, everything you need, and excellent instructions. Link in my sig below.

All of the kits will have a learning curve if you have never done it but after a few runs, you will be a expert. :) Really, the instructions are good enough and before long, you will memorize the steps, # of drops, etc. My 10 year old can do a full set of tests using the TF-100 with the speed stir.

The Speed Stir really is the thing that makes it easier. ALOT easier.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.