New pool, TF100 testing

Not to be redundant, but you must raise that TA and then ph. Don't stop until you've achieve a decent balance. Use pool math to calculate how much to add.

Every day you sit with your TA crashed and your ph too low is shearing life off your liner.

And Yes, you will need to do this all over again after you drain and refill to correct the cya, but that's just how it is. Right now you have a highly acidic pool that is eating your liner and your equipment. Please don't leave it like this any longer.

The water has cleared to crystal over the last 48hrs. This morning i have slowly added 12lbs of baking soda and 12 lbs of borax. Pool Math has suggested almost 2x that much Borax but im out until i can pick more up this evening.

My pump is still only 1/2 full of water and my filter pressurenis up to 27psi when a normal psi is 16-17.

PH is now in the low to mid 6's with a TA of 140. slowly getting there folks, thank you.

do i nee to be concerned with the water level in my pump and pressure in my filter? Ive always had a small amount of air bubbles and a slightly lowe water level in my pump, i have a sunction leak somewhere, but the water level has never been this low.

It seems that pH in the 7's is not interesting to you. Ok by me
do i nee to be concerned with the water level in my pump and pressure in my filter?
Well, what is your filter pressure? Until you find that leak, you'll always have that low water in the pump strainer basket.

you've mistaken my thankfulness as satisfaction. I will be continuing to raise the pH this evening after i return home with more Borax.

as of 11am EST my pressure was climbing and up to almost 30psi and the water level had dipped even more in the strainer basket and i could see the jets were starting to decrease in power. Odd that it spike that much after i began adding baking soda to start increasing my TA and hadn't had a problem with it until then. could i have a plug somewhere or do i need to rip apart my filter and clean it that way?

I had broadcast the baking soda all over the surface of the pool.

Tonite, i tore apart my filter, cleaned everything, drained it, added new water and DE and out i back together. Ok so far. Also threw in more Borax before going in for the night. Now all i have is an air leak somewhere. Dumping air on the pipe joints hasnt solved the problem, may need to lubricate th seal on the lid and check that next

Just wondering if you were broadcasting your baking soda or borax too close to your skimmer and that is what is causing your pressure to rise so quickly, because the filter is catching it

I struggle to get borax to dissolve in my pool at startup
I tried mixing in a bucket of pool water first and that didnt go so well, it just kinda clumped at the bottom
However I then tried hot tap water and found it dissolved much more readily
So now when I add borax I always stir into a bucket of warm water until dissolved and then into the pool

HTH

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I started broadcasting both, warm water didnt seem to help me with the borax howevr i may have been tryingnto dissolve to much at one time. Most of both get spread around near my jets.

pressure has stayed where its supposed to be, notni just need to figure out my suction side leak. Im in the process of ordering a new oring for my strainer basket and a tube of jacks lube.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.