Fiber optic lens

Rworth

Jul 15, 2016
selkirk
Hi,

New to the site and inground pool. I have fiver optics in and around pool. The perimeter lights are shot and I have pulled those strands from the light source. Only 2 of the 4 wall lights are working and they are very dim.

The bulb is very bright and blinding and strands appear to be clean on that end. The pool sat for over a year unattended and needed major cleaning. Is it possiblt the lenses are caked up with crud and alge?

Do I need to drain down water below the lights to remove lens cover, or is it ok to just take out as is? Just wanting to inspect and clean.

The short answer is you need to turn off the breaker out of an abundance of caution and then you can work on the termination of the light strands into the pool. No need to drain.

How old is the system?

Are the light generators working properly?

Are the light generators on a GFCI circuit? They should be and more than 5 feet from the pool edge.

Inyo pools sells replacement parts and there are other sellers.

The short answer is you need to turn off the breaker out of an abundance of caution and then you can work on the termination of the light strands into the pool. No need to drain.

How old is the system?

I do not have any idea on the age of lighting system

Are the light generators working properly?
it appears that everything in box is working. The color wheel rotates, the fan works and the bulb is bright

Are the light generators on a GFCI circuit? They should be and more than 5 feet from the pool edge.
there are 2 GFCI boxes in light box, however, it is maybe 5-6 feet from pool. More closer to 5

Inyo pools sells replacement parts and there are other sellers.

So what your saying is I can remove the 4 screws holding the assembly while still submerged and bring to pool deck to clean/inspect? Or do I need special tool to remove only the lens?

There are 4 notches in the clear lense. You should be able to spread a pair of needlenose pliers between two of them and spin it out.

I believe you will need to drain the water just to inspect/clean.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.