Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Concrete patio for Semi Inground Pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Concrete patio for Semi Inground Pool

Pool arriving tomorrow. Installing in a slope with one side inground. We're wanting to have a concrete patio poured flush with top edge of the pool on the side that's inground. The pool uses a beaded liner, so I guess we won't have to remove the top rail to install a new one. Do you think it's feasible to concrete against the top rail? What's the possibility we'd ever need to remove the top rail? Thanks for the help.
    Christa

17K Gal 18x33 Alum Semi-Inground, 200 sq ft Clearwater II Cartridge Filter, 1 HP Dual Speed Hayward Super Pump

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Concrete patio for Semi Inground Pool

Don't do it. If you need to replace the top rail for ANY reason, you will have to crack concrete to do it. Also, I'd really be interested in just how you would abut a concrete deck against a piece of resin or galvanized metal.... If you were to do the deck in some paver or natural stone you could at least remove some pavers to get to it.
    http://www.swimmingpool.com/

"Leave the gun...take the cannolis"

3. Back To Top    #3

Chris..your site sounds alot like ours so I'll tell you what we did & so far (3rd year now) working out well. All around the top of the sloped area we put a 2 & 1/2 ft wood decking around the perimeter of the pool covering up a moat type area that we could crawl under if need be & then we concreted the deck up to those decking sections, the concrete is a nice touch instead of going the usual wood or resin decking all the way around, tho we do have wood decking on the bottom of the sloped areas overlooking acreage..this is a pic of the top of sloped area that is closest to the house, sorry the photo is so large..i'm not a techy!
    Attached Images Attached Images

4. Back To Top    #4

OK, I've been convinced to scrap the flush concrete idea. Budster and colormesummer, I like both of your ideas. Will have to see which will work out better once the pool is in place. I'll have to post pics when it's complete. Thanks for your responses.
    Christa

17K Gal 18x33 Alum Semi-Inground, 200 sq ft Clearwater II Cartridge Filter, 1 HP Dual Speed Hayward Super Pump