Chlorine Test 10ml sample and how many drops of R-003

May 19, 2016
St Catharines, Ontario, Canada
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I have been wondering since I started using my K-2006 and measuring the ppm of CC in my pool with the 10 ml sample if I need to add 5 drops of R-003 as I have never noticed a change in the water after 3 drops. Sooooo, I was wondering if 3 drops of R-003 is enough to measure if there is any combined chlorine in the sample?

thanks in advance for your advice...

S

You want to use the full five drops. If it's one reagent you will never run out of, it's the R-0003. I bought a big 2oz bottle of it and it's well into its second year of use. I have barely used 1/4 of it so far. There's no sense in trying to be economical with it.

As for the color change, I have often found that I don't see a faint pink until the fifth drop. The R-0003 is not a titration, you are actually causing a chemical reaction to occur to develop a color. Using less than the 5 drops may not fully develop the color from CCs and so you can cause your measurements to be off by using less than the required amount.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.