Introduction

NH_TFP

Jul 11, 2016
Omaha, NE
Hi TFP,

I am a long-time reader, and first time poster. Likely that I'm mainly registering to ask a question, but I guess that's the way it goes sometimes :)
Anyways, I am a first-time pool owner of three years since we bought the house and inherited a 25,000, kidney shaped green swamp with a very old liner. We don't know how old the liner is, but it is fading around the wall, and is sagging abut 2-3 inches in several places out of the bead/coping. This year is the first year it has actually even started ripping holes at the water's edge, so we absolutely need to replace it when finances are free (crossing fingers for next tax return, or else I'll have to take out 401k loan, and pray to god that the economy is good for the forseable future). To be completely honest, if we knew we could break even on the house, I would advocate strongly for making this thing someone else's problem. But here we are. Oh, and don't get me started on the safety cover.

Anyways, for the first year, with the help of the LPS and LOTS of expensive chemicals, we fixed it up nicely. The next year, we decided to forgo the LPS prices, and order off Amazon; pool quality was okay. The diving board broke where the board screws to the stand, and I fiberglassed for the first time in my life to fix it; seems to be working well so far, but I wouldn't trust it past 300 lbs. After breaking in the first place, who knows what else is wrong with it; probably just needs to be replaced when I win the lottery. This year the pump is shorting out during rains, and as a result it was off long enough for the pool to develop a nice emerald green consistency, the likes of which I have only seen in the beautiful green waters of the Florida Perdito Keys. This particular version, however, was not as benign, considering the context: I had a significant algae problem.

And here we are. Can't afford to cry for help at the LPS again, and after two weeks of SLAM'ing the results are minimal at best. I have been following the script to the best of my finances, but something weird happened, that spurred registering on this forum. I will now close this introduction, and endeavor to pick it back up with my question in the appropriate forum.

Good to meet you all; I wish it were under better circumstances.

Here is a picture of a cat from Imgur for your time, reading this mess:
JgmDTUq.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.