Can I fill a 33' round AGP w/garden hose and well water??

It depends on your well. We wintered empty and filled every Spring 40,000G metal-free water in about 18 hours from 1950 until 2002. The well pump was plumbed with 2" pipe straight into the four 1.5" returns. It was only 70' deep with a big submersible pump and literally 10 feet from a Spring-fed pond. In the worst droughts of the sixties, we would screw down the safety valve, run the pressure up to about 100 lbs. and run 4 or 5 sprinklers at the main house 400' linear and 50' elevation away. We had a 1" black flexible PVC line up the hill for that.

Around here, the wells up in the hills are metal-free. In the valleys and flatlands, they have hard water.

A coworker has a 33,000 in-ground and she has filled off well several times in the past few years doing repairs, replastering etc. She fills over 3-4 days and she's always been fine.

I know it obviously depends on your well / area / etc but I'm sure you will be fine. I'm going to do the first 2 feet and then have the truck ready to top it off. (But that's mainly just to save some time). I'll only be at appx 16,000 gallons or less so even over a few days, I'm sure I'd be fine too. Can't wait...

Hi. I'm a little on the cheap side. I refused to buy water when I had my own well. I also wanted to take no chances damaging my system and having thousands of dollars in repair bills. I just took my time and added just a few inches a day.

I rigged my filter system up with PVC going over the wall and into the water so I could keep the pool clean.

We had so much fun in that pool the whole time it took to fill, there was never a hurry. Nothing wrong with floating in a foot of water. :)

And the kids, they could have cared less, they had a blast.

This is my pool filling.
http://www.shadebuilder.com/images/hose-over-wall.jpg

This is my story. Moved 18 x 48 intex to our new home (tornado destroyed our other). After 2 fill-ups and drain (so unleveled), and $100 water bill, we decided on after days of leveling that we would fill with the old well pump and city water, didn't even cross my mind about what a disaster this could have been, iron water or sulfer in our area. After fill, only added a 3 inch tab to dispenser,(no shock) didn't even test the water ( just happy it was level). Let filter run for 2 days, which we had decided we had iron water since there was no smell of rotten eggs. I decided to test to see what the damage was now. I could not believe the results, I had perfect PH and Chlorine. It has been 2 weeks now and my readings are still perfect, with only the 3 in tab. My type "B" filter has only had just a little bit of orange tinge to it, and comes off easily. Never again will I use the city water to fill the pool, I am going green and use the well water.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.