New Kit, Green Pool

I'm becoming a huge believer in the methods. I know everyone likes photos so here are mine.
Thursday, GREEN! IMG_0701.jpg

Saturday, Aqua? IMG_0705.jpg

Monday AM, IMG_0709.jpg Can see the bottom again and just needs to clear up then do the overnight tests.

image.jpgEven more progress on Monday afternoon. Very windy though could see clearly to the bottom. By 8:30 it was crystal clear though I still vacuumed a few spots of left over algae on the bottom. I could see the vacuum clearly over half way across the pool. Used only 5.5 jugs of chlorine today compared to 12-15 the prior two. Hoping the Overnight test does even better. This is amazing, don't think the water has been this clear since the pool was installed new.

image.jpgYou are correct, it's gotten clearer. Still losing 3 PPM overnight. Today was the first day to come home for lunch and there was NO dead stuff on the bottom. Removed about 10 little unauthorized swimmers (boatmen?) this morning. Using less and less chlorine. Hopefully tonight's test will be better.

Had to work late this evening. For newbies or never SLAMed before, with a little patience it definitely works. Got home, absolutely no residual on the bottom today and is even clearer than this AM. In two days went for 12 jugs of Chlorine to 1.5 today and I think I'm height on my CYA. Had 2" of rain last night that will dilute it. Pool store was out of R-0013 so ordered online through Taylor's . Patience and following these methods will certainly produce better then expected results. No questions about it.

One day to official end of SLAM! While the water is amazingly clear, I can now see every imperfection in my liner install from 40 ft away. I suppose I'll have to accept that. The site won't let me upload another picture, sorry! Hit my limit of space?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.