I am a new member and VERY new at pool maintenance. My family just purchased an above ground pool. I am concerned about not knowing anything about the chemicals. I recently joined “trouble free pool” and read that buying liquid bleach, baking soda and borax is the way to go.
My pool dimensions are 15’ (round) by 4’ deep. The pool calculator says it holds 5000 gallons of water. I went out and bought the “all in one tablets” but I would rather use the grocery products that apparently do as good a job if not better that the store bought pool products.
1. How much liquid bleach, baking soda and borax do I pour in the
pool just to get going??? My current levels would be non existent right?
2. How soon can the kids swim in it once applied?
3. Once the pool is at acceptable levels – how often and at what
dosage do I add the liquid bleach, baking soda and borax?
4. I am not planning on running the filter 24 X 7 – so do I need to
run it a bit prior to swimming and add additional chemicals?
5. If we don't use the pool for a week, filter is off, do I then have to start from scratch again?
Thanks in advance!!!