New Build - IG Pool/Spa/Grotto - Little Elm,TX upd 08/23 New Pics

Re: New Build - IG Pool/Spa/Grotto - Little Elm,TX (w lots of pics!)

Ahhhhhh I have found that they do not always do steel for the steps BUT make sure it is clearly marked on the plans and do everything in your power to be there when they come to shoot the gunite and remind them of it. This is one of the BIGGEST phases as far as mistakes and if you are there for them to ask you do you want this or that they will do it YOUR way instead of how they think it should be done.

Kim:cat:

Only thing is the step from the tanning ledge only has one step down and its pretty dramatic, however,I might just be the way the steel is.

Our bottom 2 steps they just made out of gunite while I was there. Actually it was pretty cool that was as I added a step to what was in the plan, and picked height, curve, width, etc...

:brickwall:......I knew that freak flash storm was going to bite me.... I tried but my efforts were too late. I spoke with my PM this morning and he stated "crew pulled off because they said the pool was caved in with water" so he was going to head over to check it out and then send a crew over to get it cleaned up. Supposedly....Gunite tomorrow.

They must have swung by before I started my sub pump.... now I see why pools take so long to be built when rain is anywhere in the forecast... you constantly get pushed back a day.

:brickwall:......I knew that freak flash storm was going to bite me.... I tried but my efforts were too late. I spoke with my PM this morning and he stated "crew pulled off because they said the pool was caved in with water" so he was going to head over to check it out and then send a crew over to get it cleaned up. Supposedly....Gunite tomorrow.

They must have swung by before I started my sub pump.... now I see why pools take so long to be built when rain is anywhere in the forecast... you constantly get pushed back a day.

UGH! It hasn't rained here ... yet. So sorry you are delayed.

UGH! It hasn't rained here ... yet. So sorry you are delayed.

Must of just missed you. My PM stopped by, sending a crew over to get it fixed up, confirmed with Gunite company that tomorrow is a go.

It seems everything was 1 day later than expected. Dig, Steel, Plumbing, and now Gunite were all delayed by a single day.

Oh well, I just need to be patient and happy that the job is getting done correctly. As of now, they are doing everything exactly how I want it, in a timely manner, and keeping up great communication for the most part. My PM is available by phone and text and gets me an answer quickly. Very happy so far, but we only just begun.

Gunite pushed to 07/13.......:grrrr::grrrr::grrrr::grrrr::grrrr::grrrr:

PM spoke with owner of company and they got behind on the job they were working on today so they were unable to get to ours this afternoon. They "confirmed" for tomorrow.

The good news is that he has also scheduled tile, rock, plumbing, equipment, gas run, and clean up crew.

Still is very frustrating that we have now lost 2 days to Gunite.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

So.frustrating.

The good news is that when they do come hopefully they won't be rushing and can focus on doing it the right way!

You'll get there! Looking forward to seeing more!

Yeah, its moving along and I believe I have the right PB/PM that will keep this pool moving.

The 4th of July really hurt us. That one Monday really screwed up everything. But oh well, just gotta focus on the positives.

Heart wants it done first week of August, gut tells me second week, prepared for end of August.

Gunite crew showed up EARLY in the morning, my dog noticed them before me.

Like clockwork.... they showed up around 7-730AM and they were cleaned up and gone by 12:00-12:15PM

- - - Updated - - -

The finished product:

Very happy with the outcome..... Grotto looks HUGE! Definitely way more excited now :bounce: :swim:

It looks awesome! Prepare the hoses for watering! I will also warn you that the next part of the process feels soooooo slow. Be prepared for nothing to happen for at least a week or more.

Yeppers!! You can use sprinklers after you have bonded by watering by hand.

That looks awesome.!!!!

What are you calling the grotto?

Okay so it has not even begun LOL I was looking and looking and could not figure out what you were talking about. I thought that maybe you were calling the spa a grotto LOL

Have you picked ANY rocks for it yet? The table rock will be hard to find just right one.

Okay so it has not even begun LOL I was looking and looking and could not figure out what you were talking about. I thought that maybe you were calling the spa a grotto LOL

Have you picked ANY rocks for it yet? The table rock will be hard to find just right one.

I know they are going to be Moss and River Rocks. I just told my PM yesterday, let me know when the guy they use starts building the Grotto because I want to talk to him so he doesn't screw it up.

On a pool update, crew was out early today to clean up the gunite.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.