Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Probably a silly question...

1. Back To Top    #1

Probably a silly question...

I have been working on my conversion and my tf-100 test kit will be here on Thurs., so I can finish up. The water is really beautiful at this point but I know I will need to maintain my chlorine at shock level overnight to ensure it is complete. So, here is my question:

I work midnight shift, so it is not a problem for me to add and test before I go to work, my question would be, I don't get home in the mornings until 7:30 a.m., when the sun is already out. Is this to late to do my testing to see if the CL levels hold over night? or will I need to leave work early to get accurate readings? This forum has been the greatest help
    24 x 52 Round AG Outback Empire Pool 13,500 gal.
    1 HP Hayward Power-Flo pump w/Hayward 18" 150lb. sand filter
    TF-100 test kit & SpeedStir
    Wanda the Whale Vacuum

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Probably a silly question...

Is there anyone at home that can be trusted to take the sample? That would be my first question. My second one is, would your Boss let you blow and hour or so to test your pool water? If so, you got one cool Boss. 8)
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

3. Back To Top    #3

No, I don't really, my daughter can barely drag herself out of bed and get to school on time..lol...and My boss is really cool, she will be retiring next month and we hate to see her go, probably get a micro-manager in her place..lol..but I can flex my schedule a couple days a week if I need to, I just want to make sure I do this correctly. Or I guess I could just keep the levels up until the weekend, since I will be off anyways, this shouldn't hurt, should it?
    24 x 52 Round AG Outback Empire Pool 13,500 gal.
    1 HP Hayward Power-Flo pump w/Hayward 18" 150lb. sand filter
    TF-100 test kit & SpeedStir
    Wanda the Whale Vacuum

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

At 7:30Am, there's a good chance the pool is not getting direct sun. While not perfect, I think that will tell you what you want.

Or, have someone scoop up a sample and take it inside (out of the sun) for you to test later. Don't wait several hours but test it just as soon as you get home.
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School