Help! Hayward SP3400VSP controller wet

Jul 4, 2016
Spring Hill
Hayward SP3400VSP / Hayward SP3200 / Aqua Logic controller
I went out to turn on my pool pump after heavy rain yesterday, and the pump would not turn on. I lifted the cover of the Hayward pump mounted controller (sp3200) answer water had intruded into the LCD screen and circuit board. I removed it and am drying it out to see if it can be salvaged, but if not, what can I do? Can I wire the pump directly to the power from the control relay from the Aqua Logic controller? I have 20 years experience in petroleum pumps and motors, but I could use some guidance if anyone knows.
Thanks!

Hi, sorry but that pump won't work without the controller or the drive.
Sp3400lcd is for the controller for the ecostar. Water shouldn't have gotten into the lcd of the controller. It's waterproof which means if water did you need to replace it.

Now the drive is the lcd controller and big tank over the motor on the pump. If water got into that and fried the board then your looking at a brand new drive for the pump which come close to costing as much as the pump.

The drive has all the hardware for the pump and has a capacitor bank and without that the motor is useless.

Any questions just ask.

- - - Updated - - -

Also if your pool is younger then 3 years old and your builder was a hayward pusher and put pretty much all hayward on your system then your pump will be under warrenty.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.